PS3 looks insane

General, off-topic discussion about things of interest to the members of these forums.

Moderator: cheriff

Histo

PS3 looks insane

Post by Histo »

Here's a link to the hour and fifty minute press conference sony held pre-e3.

It has lots of game footage including several demos. Looks like it will most likely destroy the xbox performance wise.

Also some nice tid bits:
Bluetooth controllers - factory
WIFI - factory
PSP connectivity - as a remote via wifi as well as a remote screen for the ps3
Runs 1080P HD with two outputs - So you could display game on one and stats on other hd tv. Or display game on both panaramic view. Or video chat with someone on one monitor and play the game in the other monitor.

Must watch video!!!!!!
mms://a1286.m.akastream.net/7/1286/5372/1/gamespot.download.akamai.com/5372/netshow/gslive/2005/05/2stream_sonypress_e305_hi.wmv
Neil Stevens

Post by Neil Stevens »

I do hope it's possible to run the controllers plugged in so they don't have to be recharged once or twice a week (assuming adult amounts of use; if I were 16 and on summer vacation I'd drain those 24-hour batteries every other day).

I do hope there's a pair of memory card slots hiding under a door in one of those pictures.

I do hope that controller gets its specifications changed quickly. The Dual Shock is the best controller ever, replacing that design with a knockoff of an old Logitech controller is unwise. It also damages one's ability to play the old games on the new system, since you have to readjust.

I don't care what's under the hood; I just want a ps3 to replace seamlessly a ps2, or the backward compat is pointless.
Histo

Post by Histo »

I stopped watching the xbox pre-e3 press release about half way through after seeing the ps3 press release.

I've typically always owned several consoles at a time. However, this next gen I think i'm only going with Sony.
pdc

Post by pdc »

Thanks for the link!
atm I only have time to quickly look for teh GFX but I will watch it all later!

The Unreal Engine 3 is beyond belief!!
How does this compare to the latest PC games?

/me prays that Official Playstation Magazine gives us a nice DVD with all this.
Last edited by pdc on Tue May 17, 2005 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Histo

Post by Histo »

Well if their statements are true considering what it is doing in real time. It blows anything away thats on PC.
MindWall

Post by MindWall »

And all this while it's undeclocked and missing a leg... ok.. SPE.
=)
remember the 2/3 power avail of PSP? (222MHz out of 333MHz)

well... 7x3.2 = about 22
8x4.2 = about 33

(to be unleashed on a later date ;) )