Live Linux PS2dev disc

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

ubergeek42

Live Linux PS2dev disc

Post by ubergeek42 »

I have seen talk on this forum about a live linux cd with the toolchain and examples installed. There was a lot of talk about it here and it seemed to be off to a good start. I would like to know if it got anywhere, if so where can I download it, otherwise I would like to know what you would like to see in it alongside the toolchain. If you have any ideas for what should go in it, please include a link so that i can download and include it.

Oh one other thing, where did the ps2sdk go. I looked in the cvs and I couldn't find it. Also when I run the toolchain script it fails because it can't check out the ps2sdk from the cvs.
pixel

Re: Live Linux PS2dev disc

Post by pixel »

ubergeek42 wrote:Oh one other thing, where did the ps2sdk go. I looked in the cvs and I couldn't find it.
http://svn.ps2dev.org/listing.php?repna ... rev=0&sc=0
ubergeek42 wrote:Also when I run the toolchain script it fails because it can't check out the ps2sdk from the cvs.
Somebody should indeed fix it.
pixel: A mischievous magical spirit associated with screen displays. The computer industry has frequently borrowed from mythology. Witness the sprites in computer graphics, the demons in artificial intelligence and the trolls in the marketing department.
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

When the fudge did ps2cvs move to svn?
mrbrown
Site Admin

Post by mrbrown »

Two days ago.
ubergeek42

Post by ubergeek42 »

How do i go about downloading all the required files in order to build the ps2sdk?

[edit: ok problem solved I downloaded the new toolchain and it is working now, thanks ooPo]
ubergeek42

Post by ubergeek42 »

Ok now that I have my development environment installed would anybody be interested in a live linux cd containing all the ps2 dev toolchain and examples/tutorials?
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

I'd welcome anything to get people away from cygwin, if possible. :)
pixel

Post by pixel »

The whole toolchain works with plain mingw/msys mind you, which is way lighter than cygwin. But as slow.
pixel: A mischievous magical spirit associated with screen displays. The computer industry has frequently borrowed from mythology. Witness the sprites in computer graphics, the demons in artificial intelligence and the trolls in the marketing department.
ubergeek42

Post by ubergeek42 »

Ok I have a working Slax based live cd containing the toolchain, the ps2sdk, all the tutorials and examples from ps2dev, firefox, and ps2client, only problem is I have no place to host it. The whole cd is around 300mb at the moment.
pixel

Post by pixel »

firefox ? :) What the hell are you doing with that for ps2dev ? :P

Anyway, for hosting, I can't help either, but, why not using for once that famous bittorrent protocol in a legal way ? If we can't host 300MB straight, we can at least host some bittorrent trackers.
fringo

Post by fringo »

ubergeek42 wrote:Ok I have a working Slax based live cd containing the toolchain, the ps2sdk, all the tutorials and examples from ps2dev, firefox, and ps2client, only problem is I have no place to host it. The whole cd is around 300mb at the moment.

any torrent link available for live slax cd.
recommend
bitcomet:www.bitcomet.com

any news kindly pm me ..
thanks.