Burning ps2link

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

Dr. Sunglasses

Burning ps2link

Post by Dr. Sunglasses »

I can't get ps2link to run. I downloaded the 1.24 zip from the site, and burned the ISO it contains to disc using Nero. However, when I start it on my PS2, all it does is give me a red screen, and I can't send it any commands (ps2client gives me 'connect to socket' errors).

I'm a little hesitant to discuss how I'm trying to run this on my console, because I'm new and haven't lurked much and don't know exactly what's acceptable here.
pixel

Post by pixel »

Well, you have to find a way to run CD-Rs on your console. The PS2 makes no differences between a homebrew software and a game: a non sony-authorized CD just won't boot straight.
pixel: A mischievous magical spirit associated with screen displays. The computer industry has frequently borrowed from mythology. Witness the sprites in computer graphics, the demons in artificial intelligence and the trolls in the marketing department.
Dr. Sunglasses

Post by Dr. Sunglasses »

It's a flip-top mod with swap discs. I know I can't just put a CD in there and expect it to work.

It isn't the red 'please insert a PS2 game disc' screen. It's just solid red.
boomint

Post by boomint »

There's no BOOT.ELF in your config directory on the memory card, the red scrren is the exploit throwing an error.

It's probably caused by using an installer that's setup to copy the files to the config dir of the wrong region.

Ie

PAL is BEDATA-SYSTEM
US is BADATA-SYSTEM

Check that the install cd you've got is for the correct region of PS2.
--( someone stole my sig! )--
Dr. Sunglasses

Post by Dr. Sunglasses »

I'm just trying to run ps2link from a CD. Is that not possible?
pixel

Post by pixel »

What ISO file did you burn.. ?
pixel: A mischievous magical spirit associated with screen displays. The computer industry has frequently borrowed from mythology. Witness the sprites in computer graphics, the demons in artificial intelligence and the trolls in the marketing department.
Dr. Sunglasses

Post by Dr. Sunglasses »

The one in the archive here: http://ps2dev.org/Loaders/PS2_side_boot ... ne_files_)

(I know it's probably outdated, but I figured it was a stable release and would work.)