WinPSP

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

qubitz

Post by qubitz »

I don't know who ever claimed ownership of this code, and I don't know who released the pictures. It's not supposed to be top secret or anything, but for reasons made obvious here, it wasn't really supposed to get out. It was just a little experiment. Fluff did the artwork, and I wrote the code. I'll go ahead and post a demo for the curious. However, you can probably expect this project to die. There's no real reason to pursue it.

http://psplinux.sourceforge.net/files/pspos.tar.bz2

EDIT: I'll go ahead and post the source code. I actually gave the source to some people a few weeks ago, so it would probably come up sooner or later. Here it is in all its sloppy glory.

http://psplinux.sourceforge.net/files/pspos-src.tar.bz2
Last edited by qubitz on Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
F9zDark

Post by F9zDark »

Ok, I used the Kxploit tool on the eboot in the first link you posted, put it on my PSP and it loads up, shows the fake bios screen for maybe half a second and then says "Unable to Load Character Image." Any idea why?
webjeff

Post by webjeff »

Mine does the same thing.

Jeff
qubitz

Post by qubitz »

That's because it can't find the images directory. Make sure it is in the same place as eboot.pbp

Also, I realized I posted one of my source snapshots as the first file, which was supposed to be a binary snapshot. I've fixed it, so now the first link is a binary snapshot.
Fluff

Post by Fluff »

This projects dead, i wont be working on it anymore, and i am not giving permission for my own artwork to be used, so if someone feels like messing with the source and releasing something themselves, they'd damn well better do their own graphics too.

I'd personally like to thank MSX for the death of this project, when you are given an internal beta, and SPECIFICALLY asked, not to show anyone, or distrobute information about the project,
Doing the opposite, posting pictures and in depth information about the project and its plans, you are going against the entire concept of being an internal beta tester, Take your post in this thread, "hi im a beta tester and this is what it is", rediculous, bloody rediculous.
F9zDark

Post by F9zDark »

It really is a shame that this project is dead. It had alot of potential and still does. It is truly sad to see it end over a poor choice in a beta tester.

Thank you Fluff and Qubitz for the astonishing work you two have done.
DDRLord

Post by DDRLord »

I agree with F9zDark.
There's nothing sadder than seeing a program cancelled, especially when it looked as good as this one.
qubitz

Post by qubitz »

Thanks for all the support. The truth is that the project has been somewhat stalled for the last few weeks, so it was more or less dead. However, the source is still alive, and who knows what could happen with it.

The good news is that Fluff and I still have a few tricks up our sleeves, so keep your eyes peeled. :)
Warren

Post by Warren »

You still planning on doing a GUI for PSPMC Qubitz? Or should I try and find someone else? XviD support is getting there, just need to optimise it for the PSP (480x272 runs at 5fps atm)
F9zDark

Post by F9zDark »

qubitz wrote:Thanks for all the support. The truth is that the project has been somewhat stalled for the last few weeks, so it was more or less dead. However, the source is still alive, and who knows what could happen with it.

The good news is that Fluff and I still have a few tricks up our sleeves, so keep your eyes peeled. :)
Thats great news qubitz, maybe I should hold off on implementing a "My PSP" type icon for browsing mem-stick and system info then?