PSP Release

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

bigaza

PSP Release

Post by bigaza »

I no this sounds stupid but does anyone no when the PSP will be released in Turkey. I no people will be thinking WHY???. But the reason is because i want to buy one when i go on holiday in may. THANKS
davidgilmour

Post by davidgilmour »

turkey , is that a part of europe ?
it will be released somewhere in may in europe.
bigaza

Post by bigaza »

Thats the thing. i dont no if its part of europe or not. does anyone no. thanks
pixel

Post by pixel »

Turkey isn't officially part of europe yet. Don't know about commercial attitude though. Maybe you should send a mail to the sony commercial support to ask that.
pixel: A mischievous magical spirit associated with screen displays. The computer industry has frequently borrowed from mythology. Witness the sprites in computer graphics, the demons in artificial intelligence and the trolls in the marketing department.

Post by Guest »

I believe Turkey, geographically, is not considered to be in Europe.

Regardless, Turkey has applied for membership into the European Union. When earth plate tectonics pushes the Turkish landmass into the geography of Europe, then the application may be consider. (note: I am not referring to geography as being any specific requirement here ;)

Despite all that, one would be very surprised to see Sony selling the PSP in Turkey in that timeframe.
mharris

Post by mharris »

According to the geography I was taught in school, Turkey, like Russia (it was the Soviet Union back when I was in school), is in both Europe and Asia. The little bit of Turkey that's west of the Bosporus -- the channel connecting the Black Sea with the Mediterranian -- is considered Europe.

Of course, none of this matters; when things are released is dependent on the company's (i.e., Sony's) definition of continents. If Turkey isn't part of Europe, it's probably considered to be part of the Middle East, since that's the way many companies treat it. Asia is typically split into at least "Asia Pacific" and the "Middle East," with some companies treating "South Asia" (India and maybe others) differently.

Maybe you can find more information at http://www.sony.com.tr/ -- I can't read Turkish, so it's no help to me. Clicking on the "Playstation" logo redirects to http://eu.playstation.com, so that should be some encouragement...
mc

Post by mc »

gorim wrote:Regardless, Turkey has applied for membership into the European Union. When earth plate tectonics pushes the Turkish landmass into the geography of Europe, then the application may be consider.
And when they stop using torture as an interrogation method. I'm not sure which will happen first...
Flying at a high speed
Having the courage
Getting over crisis
I rescue the people
Arakon

Post by Arakon »

turkey should count as europe comercially.. if nothing else simply cause it's so close. the the EU release should equal the turkey release.
florinsasu

Post by florinsasu »

mharris wrote:According to the geography I was taught in school, Turkey, like Russia (it was the Soviet Union back when I was in school), is in both Europe and Asia. The little bit of Turkey that's west of the Bosporus -- the channel connecting the Black Sea with the Mediterranian -- is considered Europe.
indeed, Turkey is in europe too. They are not allowed to join EU because of its religion.
I guess that Sony will release psp there no late than in Bulgaria or Greece :)
weak

Post by weak »

florinsasu wrote:They are not allowed to join EU because of its religion.
complete nonsense.
bigaza

Post by bigaza »

Thanks for that. Went onto Sony Global and found that Turkey is actually in Europe. Thanks anyway
Klendathu

Post by Klendathu »

Just because Sony releases something in "Europe" does not mean it is widely available. Take the release of the PS2 in your country in relation to France or Germany as a point of reference whether the PSP will be available on the european launch date or not.
florinsasu

Post by florinsasu »

weak wrote:
florinsasu wrote:They are not allowed to join EU because of its religion.
complete nonsense.
you're not up-to-date with politics, are you?
weak

Post by weak »

the EU and turkey have already entered negotiations about an EU membership of turkey.
MarfPSP

Post by MarfPSP »

mc wrote:
gorim wrote:Regardless, Turkey has applied for membership into the European Union. When earth plate tectonics pushes the Turkish landmass into the geography of Europe, then the application may be consider.
And when they stop using torture as an interrogation method. I'm not sure which will happen first...
Like the americans....

Post by Guest »

It probably isn't terribly useful that the ps2dev forums become a vehicle for airing out international grievances, perceived or real.

In this case, it is my fault for adding the subtle reference to Turkey, knowing it may well encourage this to happen. It was bad judgement on my part.

By the same token, since I inadvertently caused things to go off topic, I am now hoping we can reverse course back to topic.

[Which is the better course in any event, I haven't participated in a good flame war in a long time and I don't think anyone here wants me to start ;)]
pixel

Post by pixel »

Hum, please, avoid the political/religion/whatever fights here.
pixel: A mischievous magical spirit associated with screen displays. The computer industry has frequently borrowed from mythology. Witness the sprites in computer graphics, the demons in artificial intelligence and the trolls in the marketing department.
mc

Post by mc »

MarfPSP wrote:Like the americans....
I doubt the americans will be granted entry into the EU even _if_ they do that... :-)

(Ok, sorry about prolonging the OT thread...)
Flying at a high speed
Having the courage
Getting over crisis
I rescue the people
MarfPSP

Post by MarfPSP »

:P

I have no view one way or another as to whether Turkey joins the EU, the only view towards the EU I do have is that I firmly believe the UK should retain the pound.

I can see where the discussion arises from, i.e. how far do you extend the borders of europe not only in terms of distance but of culture.