How much import tax do you pay?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

fusion008

How much import tax do you pay?

Post by fusion008 »

Hi, i want to get a PSP Value Pack and Ridge Racers because im pretty impatient, how much import tax do you pay if you bought from lik sang in the UK?

Thanks in Advance :)
Mawdsley

Post by Mawdsley »

I got it with RR and Vampire Chronicle. This was also at the height of the price gouging. From Play-Asia with TNT shipping I had to pay £86.37.
pdc

Post by pdc »

£86 is pretty steep...

GameChoice.com.hk will mark down the value of the PSP and mark the item as a 'repair'. This is an attractive proposition for the poor amongst us :)
Mawdsley

Post by Mawdsley »

pdc wrote:£86 is pretty steep...

GameChoice.com.hk will mark down the value of the PSP and mark the item as a 'repair'. This is an attractive proposition for the poor amongst us :)
I got hit on my DS also.
weak

Post by weak »

86 is indeed crazy.

i have to pay no tax for games when they're send via normal airmail. when i use ups i do have to pay even for games, last time about 10 € or something for one game.

airmail is amazingly fast for me so i stick with that (i had my bad experiences too, but overall it's the better choice imho).
MarfPSP

Post by MarfPSP »

£75 for me, got mine at release too, from Lik-Sang delivered by UPS.

They asked for payment on the door.
wenmi

Post by wenmi »

i had to pay 50€ for my psp import (i live in austria)
fusion008

Post by fusion008 »

wenmi wrote:i had to pay 50€ for my psp import (i live in austria)
was it a standard pack or a value pack and did you get a game for it aswell?
wenmi

Post by wenmi »

it was only a valuepack. i think it was declared as 300$ or something.

i ordered some games at liksang later and nearly never had to pay for customs. only once. it was about 15 or 20 € (pretty much compared to the price of a game)
Deaddreamer

Post by Deaddreamer »

I managed to get my PSP through customs without paying any taxes. Declared it as a gift and made the seller set the value of the package at a lower price. Not proud of it, but custom in Norway demand 25% import taxes + custom fees. That is just to much.
Would have had to pay something like $100. (on a PSP and game).
fusion008

Post by fusion008 »

Deaddreamer wrote:I managed to get my PSP through customs without paying any taxes. Declared it as a gift and made the seller set the value of the package at a lower price. Not proud of it, but custom in Norway demand 25% import taxes + custom fees. That is just to much.
Would have had to pay something like $100. (on a PSP and game).
Cool, where did you buy it from?
Deaddreamer

Post by Deaddreamer »

Bought it from a guy on Ebay.com.
A warning:
I have done this kind of things many times and saved a lot of money.
But, it is not fool proof. Sometimes it gets stoped anywho. And customs demand their part.

One thing, if you do buy through ebay, doing so. Declare as a gift, reduced price at the package,
you have to remember to to make the sender not put any paper in the package saying the products price.
Even doing all this, you might not get away with it. Customs can demand seeing a copy of your payment. Like bank transfer, Paypal transfer, or something like that.
What I have experienced is that it does not seem that the package gets stopped that easy buying from Asia. May be something with the currency. I don't know.
Through Ebay, I have bought things from Asia 9 times. Never stoped by customs. But when from the USA. It's something like 20-25% chance it gets stoped.
(This is ONLY MY experience).

Admin: Sorry about of topic/forum discussion.