flashing us rom to jp psp ?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

segobi

flashing us rom to jp psp ?

Post by segobi »

Does anyone already know if it could be possible to flash the us rom to the japanese version of the psp ?

also i think the update must be out somewhat in the next days before the 24th..what do you think ?

Re: flashing us rom to jp psp ?

Post by Guest »

segobi wrote:Does anyone already know if it could be possible to flash the us rom to the japanese version of the psp ?

also i think the update must be out somewhat in the next days before the 24th..what do you think ?
It is most likely possible. Already, the PSP's support english AND Japanese. It may be likely that the flashing is determining by the language setting, if there is any difference at all between the firmwares.

As for the timing, I think a firmware will come out, sometime. Personally, I think it will come out in the morning.
segobi

Post by segobi »

which morning ?

Post by Guest »

segobi wrote:which morning ?
No specific morning...just during morning, whenever it happens.
peanut

Post by peanut »

if this is possible then sureley you could flash your jap psp with the us/uk version and then you can watch umd movies from your region....
Arakon

Post by Arakon »

I doubt it will just work without a modification, I am pretty sure sony thought of that and is gonna have a check implemented.. however it MIGHT just be a matter of a small hex edit of the FW.
MarfPSP

Post by MarfPSP »

I'm interested as to how Sony will firstly publicise the new firmware releases, and secondly, if there are region specific firmwares, distribute them correctly to relevant models in their respective locations.
segobi

Post by segobi »

the jp versions check for the jp url for the firmware update..and there is an eu and us url for updates...so i guess they are conrolling it using these different urls...but you can download the updates to the memory stick using these urls...
Mawdsley

Post by Mawdsley »

This may have already been answered.

Do we know if the Firmware update is downloaded exactly as it appears on the update website, or is it packaged by the PSP onto the memory stick?
segobi

Post by segobi »

we know that it's simply downloaded...see the beta update ? It was a simple file that was placed onto the mem stick...
Mawdsley

Post by Mawdsley »

segobi wrote:we know that it's simply downloaded...see the beta update ? It was a simple file that was placed onto the mem stick...
I wasnt sure if that was the case or if the PSP downloaded the firmware and packaged it inside the a flasher app on the mem stick. I did read the beta update, just not recently :)
Sir_LANs-a-lot

Post by Sir_LANs-a-lot »

What would happen if you tried a firmware download without a memstick in?
[Sir_LANs-a-lot]
segobi

Post by segobi »

I read somewhere that the update software is checking that...it also checks if you are connected to power so in case the battery should be empty...
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

The 'beta' update does not check for power... it works fine while on battery.