square button problems?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

paragon

square button problems?

Post by paragon »

I just bought an American PSP - I didn't really notice at first, but after a while, a close examination of the square button shows that you can kind of see its smaller than the circle of space alotted for it. smaller such that you can see a little metal through the cracks - which are larger that any of the other buttons.

also - it seems as if it's looser as well (the sqaure button)

anyone else have the same problem?
manasol

Post by manasol »

Yes, sir. You'll notice if your push it to the left, hold it, and press it. The button gets jammed or the left of the button is stiff.
paragon

Post by paragon »

to describe it exactly - when compared in feeling of pushing down - the left button and a different one, it feels as if the left button is off centered. it feels like the left side of the left button kinda doesn't have any support and can be just pushed -

odd. I thought that sony had supposedly fixed this problem - is it worth returning? kind of annoying me.
Hazuki

Post by Hazuki »

apparently all units made in 2005 have had problem rectified (probably BS) but mine does feel softer, and easier to press than the rest, but hasnt stuck.
manasol

Post by manasol »

Im returning mine just because I don't like the way the screen is so scratched, the protecive screen. :) I'm not a bad person so I lend it to whomever in my family and going around that many hands it's bound to get scratched.
blackdroid

Post by blackdroid »

useless thread locked.
Kung VU