Rin Not Compiling Correctly...

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

CoreCZ

Rin Not Compiling Correctly...

Post by CoreCZ »

I downloaded rin 1.18 src and rin 1.18 binary from psphacker.com and I compiled rin but when i compare the eboot I created to the eboot of psphacker there different.

The one I compile has loser's anime hentai pic as the .png pic?
But the binary of psphacker.com has the white rin gbc emu .png pic

Also When I compiled it the elf was out and not outp so I had the change my mk.bat elf2pbp settings from outp to out but it was outp when compiling psp chess and hello world?

Post by Guest »

Moved to software support forum for all your support needs!
Wiz

Post by Wiz »

The anime picture is the picture elf2pbp puts into the pbp automatically. If you want to change it you need to pack your file some other way, or you could edit the image file in the package. Try PBP unpacker.
Wiz
1989studio.com
MrSiir[S]

Re: Rin Not Compiling Correctly...

Post by MrSiir[S] »

CoreCZ wrote:The one I compile has loser's anime hentai pic as the .png pic? But the binary of psphacker.com has the white rin gbc emu .png pic
You can download the source of elf2pbp and change de PNG image, go to loser webpage and download it.
CoreCZ wrote:Also When I compiled it the elf was out and not outp so I had the change my mk.bat elf2pbp settings from outp to out but it was outp when compiling psp chess and hello world?
out is a ELF output by compiler, outp is a patched ELF from tool called "outpatch" is you change BINARY to outp in the Makefile, don't works.

P.D.: Sorry for my poor english :-)
CoreCZ

Post by CoreCZ »

Sorry For wrong Forum Category....

Thanks for the info i'll just extract the contents with pbp unpacker and repack it with different .png pic, Now I know why the source has the proper .png RIN pic.

I think I'm compiling it Corectly?

*I downloaded and installed cygwwin and ps2dev win32 enviroment and then fixed some confilcts with the software.

then i downloaded hello world and got the mk.bat working to compile it then copied the mk.bat and outpatch to rin and downloaded elf2pbp and renamed to inpatch.exe

Then looked at the makefile to see the options it requires to get compiled and figured out this to compile it with helloworlds outpatch.exe?

Code: Select all

C:\ps2dev\ee\bin\ee-gcc -march=r4000 -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -g -mgp32 -mlong32 -c gbcore/cpu.c gbcore/gb.c gbcore/lcd.c gbcore/rom.c gbcore/mbc.c gbcore/apu.c main.c pg.c string.c renderer.c menu.c filer.c sound.c                                           
C:\ps2dev\ee\bin\ee-gcc -march=r4000 -g -mgp32 -c -xassembler -O -o startup.o startup.s
C:\ps2dev\ee\bin\ee-ld -s -O0 startup.o cpu.o gb.o lcd.o rom.o mbc.o apu.o main.o pg.o string.o renderer.o menu.o filer.o sound.o unziplib.a -M -Ttext 8900000 -q -o out > rin.map
outpatch
inpatch out "RIN GB/GBC Emulator"
del /s /f *.o *.map
That's right isn't it???