Help with pbp not running compiling with psptoolchain-200506

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

HexDump

Help with pbp not running compiling with psptoolchain-200506

Post by HexDump »

Hi,

I downloaded psptoolchain-20050619.tgz from http://www.oopo.net/consoledev/. I built the psp gcc compiler and compiled nem example. The pbp was created but when I try to execute it, it seems not to be valid, and the psp emu only shows a black screen, has anybody come across this problem?.

Thanks in advance,
HexDump.
inomine

Post by inomine »

Start with either updating to the latest version (just in case), or wait for the PSP SDK to be released in the next couple of days.

The script that nem produces is now old and has some options which were only needed for ps2sdk, have a search on these forums to find the updated commands required.

Finally make sure that you are running outpatch and elf2pbp on the compiled result.

Edit: elf3pbp was clrearly supposed to say elf2pbp
HexDump

Post by HexDump »

psp sdk? how do you know it will be realeases shortly? is it the official one?.

Thanks in advance,
HexDump.

Post by Guest »

Here, pspsdk refers to the homebrew sdk developed at this site. Not the official one, which is normally referred to as the "official" or "sony" or whatnot, just prior to the person getting banned...
HexDump

Post by HexDump »

Hehe, ok, thanks a lot. I will wait for the psp sdk, hope it will releases soon :). Hope it could be run on windoes.

HexDump.
Agoln

Post by Agoln »

HexDump wrote:Hope it could be run on windoes.
I just hope that it will run on *nix...
inomine

Post by inomine »

I know that it is planned for realease soon as there have been quite a number of mentions of it here and on the irc channel.

It should compile on any platform that has a working gcc implementation as all it will be is a modified copy of gcc with some tools and some header files, at least that's how I understand it.