My 1.51 Downgrade Progress

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

DrKickflip13

My 1.51 Downgrade Progress

Post by DrKickflip13 »

Heres my downgrade progress. I have been working with someone from a different forum on this for a few days. We determined 2 general rules that seem to be true

1) The update HAS to be run from a folder called UPDATE, not UPDATE% or any other name
2) You cannot run a modified update (not even a single digit) or you get a corrupt update error

Anyway...heres the EBOOT.PBP of the file we think is the closest to complete. It will not downgrade but it will not mess up your PSP either.

http://s45.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0WIX ... OZ7Q9DQ335
FrostAie

hey dude

Post by FrostAie »

i also was experimenting and i compiled a eboot with the .psar of 1.52 the param.sfo the icon0 and the .psp from hello world and i got a strange result
DrKickflip13

Post by DrKickflip13 »

Yeah..a strange result that helps a lot (sarcasm)
Last edited by DrKickflip13 on Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Èl Nächó

Post by Èl Nächó »

You know what helps a lot? That lame ass banner and misspelling half the words in your signature. That's what helps a lot.
F9zDark

Post by F9zDark »

For what its worth, I suggest you check out this thread:

http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=2257
pinhocarlos

Post by pinhocarlos »

so no news in running homebrews on 1.51 or downgrading it to 1.50??
mvpo.geo

Post by mvpo.geo »

to pincarlos....CAN YOU READ?

I don't think this is the way to go when it comes to downgrading, I think the fact that you get further by going into sleepmode first shows that this would be the way we should be trying.
Spamming in your Sig? I never heard of such a thing....
nanoware

Re: My 1.51 Downgrade Progress

Post by nanoware »

DrKickflip13 wrote:Heres my downgrade progress. I have been working with someone from a different forum on this for a few days. We determined 2 general rules that seem to be true

1) The update HAS to be run from a folder called UPDATE, not UPDATE% or any other name
2) You cannot run a modified update (not even a single digit) or you get a corrupt update error

Anyway...heres the EBOOT.PBP of the file we think is the closest to complete. It will not downgrade but it will not mess up your PSP either.

http://s45.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0WIX ... OZ7Q9DQ335
Hello fellow forum'ers, i am new here, i have briefed myself on the whole situation about the 1.51 firmware. I myself am a victum of the 1.51 US update. I am hoping that someone will figure out how to downgrade back to 1.5. I wish you luck DrKickflip13 and everyone else working on this, nothing is impossible, only time will tell!
Mike/Pippin

Post by Mike/Pippin »

Well in order to dowgrade to 1.5 from 1.5# you or anyone else would need to hack 1.5# so that you can run programs on it. And if they did that I dont think you would downgrade.
pokesomi

Post by pokesomi »

Sadly i too have failed in my attempts. At first i thought it might be because the parental control level wasnt set so i edited the HTTPD program and the psp recognized the change, but no loading. Then I modified the info so it would match the UPDATE EBOOT.PBP but alas, to no avail. Hope this helps anyone.
Rumdada

Post by Rumdada »

all this downgrading is starting to put a smile on my face lol who ever dose it will be famous
mrdelayer

Post by mrdelayer »

and the most useless person in the world. downgrading will require a method of running homebrew on v1.5x, and thusly useless and counter-productive.