need help installing sdk into codewarrior or vs.net

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Blackwidow

need help installing sdk into codewarrior or vs.net

Post by Blackwidow »

hi i have the doom 3 and some other sdks and i have the trial of codewarrior and i was wondering how to install the sdk and psp toolchain into codewarrior? i use vs.net to compile for xbox and want to get into psp compiling.or how can i use the source and header files in vs.net? and all the sdks are legal and some stuff is from oopo and pspwiki thanx
Blackwidow

Post by Blackwidow »

thanx for all the help...
Energy

Post by Energy »

Most people here don't use VS.net. You're gonna make it a lot harder for yourself if you do use that set of stuff.

Main advice, go for cygwin or *nix system. If I can set it up, anyone can.

Post by Guest »

Blackwidow wrote:thanx for all the help...
As energy said, no one uses what you are trying to use. So no one can help you. In fact, vs.net and codewarrior are explicitly not used.

If you can't learn to use the tools, well...
ector

Post by ector »

VS.NET can be used as an editor though. With Visual Assist installed it kicks serious ass compared to vi and emacs, but let's not go there ;)[/url]

Post by Guest »

ector wrote:VS.NET can be used as an editor though. With Visual Assist installed it kicks serious ass compared to vi and emacs, but let's not go there ;)[/url]
Naturally, anything that helps a beginning coder is good. But hardly needed for 1337 coding gods ;)
ector

Post by ector »

Nono, visual assist helps 1337 coders code faster :) if you've never used it you really should. www.wholetomato.com sorry to sound like an ad but it does friggin rock :P

Post by Guest »

Looks cool, but I am sure the Emacs folx will argue the point with you. But since I use VI I will just happy toss peanuts from the sidelines.

(btw, I had to edit a trailing comma from the end of your url, and moved topic to "software" since this is becoming not so dev related)
Thanhda

Post by Thanhda »

its very straight forward when setting up the sdk. it even gives you an example of what the dir is supose to be located in. so if you cant follow basic instructions in the install, then i dont think you should be using that at all. Plus this is a Homebrew Comunity, and Codewarior is a comercia product, try calling up MetroWorks and asking for help. For VS.net coding for psp? well there are some samples out there showing how to set it up for .net, or 6.0 but its for homebrew only. look at psp-hacks.com and look for terrain2.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...
Nick Fury

Post by Nick Fury »

gorim wrote:Looks cool, but I am sure the Emacs folx will argue the point with you. But since I use VI I will just happy toss peanuts from the sidelines.

(btw, I had to edit a trailing comma from the end of your url, and moved topic to "software" since this is becoming not so dev related)
I use Vi (vim) and I will argue the point by saying my editor can do anything yours can do...

Actually, I like some of the ideas of the editor but I'm too hardcore of a CLI person to use it. I'm one of those guys who still uses TeX instead of pagemaker.

But I won't mention that Vi has had the majority of the functionality mentioned for a really long time or that it is probably 100 times smaller in file size. :)
weak

Post by weak »

use vc.net's 'Makefile Project'. that works pretty good imho.
Blackwidow

Post by Blackwidow »

thanks for the replies. when i try to install cygwin it always takes forever and then it doesn`t install. i`ll try 1 of the other ones used and see if i can get any to work.
netddos

Post by netddos »

Can someone tell me how to use psptool in cygwin?

Once I install it..how do I execute it?

Is this psptool an IDE or what?

Help out the n00b you code masters.