What to do with compiled EBOOT.PBP?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

VeggieGames

What to do with compiled EBOOT.PBP?

Post by VeggieGames »

I've been searching this forum for an hour trying to find an answer to how to get the EBOOT.PBP files for the various games & samples to run on the PSP. No info about this anywhere. When I copy it the way I think it should work (to a subdir of the PSP/GAME directory) all I get are errors.

Please somebody post this information and make the topic Sticky, or even better still, add it to the README file for the SDK.

Thank you!
wulf

Post by wulf »

search for "kxploit"... that'll set you on the path to enlightenment.. BTW, I am from Van as well!
Èl Nächó

Re: What to do with compiled EBOOT.PBP?

Post by Èl Nächó »

VeggieGames wrote:No info about this anywhere.
LOL!
Thanhda

Post by Thanhda »

you need firmware 1.0 to be able to just dump it into the psp/game dir. btw if you do happen to have it you need to dump it in a folder, not just the eboot. for example. PSP/GAME/SAMPLE/EBOOT.PBP not PSP/GAME/EBOOT.PBP. If you have 1.5 you need to get a program called KXploit Tool. You can find it for downloads at psp-hacks.com in there download section. But if you have 1.5x then your out of luck. rumors ahve it they have found a way to downgrade, but no word on yet if this is true.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...
sq377

Post by sq377 »

the downgrading thing: xecuter said they can do it, but dont plan on releaseing it as the same people who released the iso launcher will have a software means of downgrading very soon.
ector

Post by ector »

I can't believe how everybody is misreading Team Xecuters post.
This is what they have got:

* A memstick<->other media converter, which is what the picture shows (an early development version of, that's a xilinx dev board)
* Their own complicated hardware for downgrading, they hinted that they may sell this to dealers but it won't be something for everyone.

Nobody has a software solution for downgrading. WAB certainly doesn't.
Nick Fury

Post by Nick Fury »

This is directly from their website:
...groups like WAB will be doing all this via software soon enough.
No one has a solution yet but it's going to happen.
ector

Post by ector »

[EDITED: Didn't see Team Xecuter's clarifying news post.]
I have my doubts about WAB though.
VeggieGames

Post by VeggieGames »

Thanks Thanhda, that was exactly what I was looking for.
Nick Fury

Post by Nick Fury »

ector wrote:[EDITED: Didn't see Team Xecuter's clarifying news post.]
I do as well but I think someone is going to pull it off. Probably by the end of the month.
Danj

Post by Danj »

Nick Fury wrote:
ector wrote:[EDITED: Didn't see Team Xecuter's clarifying news post.]
I do as well but I think someone is going to pull it off. Probably by the end of the month.
I hope someone does, my poor PSP is still stuck at 1.51 since I upgraded back in May when I assumed it'd get cracked when 1.50 did.
Dan Jackson
Agoln

Post by Agoln »

Danj wrote:I hope someone does, my poor PSP is still stuck at 1.51 since I upgraded back in May when I assumed it'd get cracked when 1.50 did.
I *about* did that, and I had that exact same reasoning, but the stupid update wouldn't go through. It would download about 25% then stop.

Thank God my router was breaking at the time or else I'd be stuck at 1.51 now :-/
Lego of my Ago!
DrKickflip13

Post by DrKickflip13 »

Its retarted how people like this have 1.5 and people like me that actually have a brain and can get homebrew working are stuck with 1.51 and 1.52 :(
ector

Post by ector »

Dr Kickflip, if you had a brain you'd have known better than to upgrade. We all know that security bugs often get patched. You'd also be able to spell retarded.
Mangus

Post by Mangus »

lol, not only is this a repeated topic, there's execellent flaming in here. this should be placed in hall of shame for future generations, get to work "mrcloser" :P
Drakonite
Site Admin

Post by Drakonite »

ecter: mind your manners

This thread is going further and further into nowhere. Locked.
Shoot Pixels Not People!
Makeshift Development