Hope this isn't redundant ...

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

LokStok

Hope this isn't redundant ...

Post by LokStok »

Hi ..

Let me start by sayin I'm not interested in developin or programmin or whatever else is fillin this forum with talk that completely goes over my head ..

However .. I am very interested in playin the games u guys are creatin .. (the PSPChess game in particular) .. but how? ..

I purchased my PSP-1000 k only 2 days ago .. as you see from my location .. I live in the UK and the PSP don't launch over here until September .. my PSP is an import from Japan .. meanin all the information on the box and in the manuals are all in Japanese and unfrotunatly for me .. that's a language I don't understand at all ..

On the Memory Stick I have Quake and Sonic .. in the same location were 2 "Corrupt Data" files which I deleted thinkin they were games that just didn't work .. however I feel now that they were linked to the 2 afore mentioned games .. as neither of the games will work/load now ..

^^ is there a way of gettin those games to work again? .. or .. do I just have to cut my losses and delete the game files too?
Agoln

Post by Agoln »

For every game file, you will have a currupt data file. It is just how it works.

On the PSP under /psp/game/[any game], there will be a [any game] and a [any game]% folder. Both these are necessary for your games to work.

Also, check your firmware, make sure it is 1.5 or below. 1.51/1.52 do not work.
Lego of my Ago!
LokStok

Post by LokStok »

thank you for replyin .. seems I will have to just delete the games then .. ah well ..

.. I've had a look around and found out how to get the games across ..

.. what I'm not sure about .. is exactly what u just put ..

.. how do I find out whether it's 1.5? .. very unfamiliar with the jargon used around this forum .. firmware? ..
LokStok

Post by LokStok »

ok .. took a look thru the menu on my PSP and sure enough .. found what I was lookin for .. and yes .. it is version 1.50 .. so I'm good to go then right? ..
Agoln

Post by Agoln »

LokStok wrote:ok .. took a look thru the menu on my PSP and sure enough .. found what I was lookin for .. and yes .. it is version 1.50 .. so I'm good to go then right? ..
Yes, you are ready. All you need to do is put the [game] and [game]% files under /psp/game folder and you are good to go :)
Lego of my Ago!
Èl Nächó

Post by Èl Nächó »

My first advice is to read. Read everything, especially on this site. All your questions have been answered, and the mods here (righfully) don't take kindly to someone who is "not interested in developin or programmin or whatever else is fillin this forum with talk"

By the way if you don't like having the corrupted items on your list, you can download a program called seipsptool. It will rename the folders in a way that allows the games to still run but the corrupted items don't show up on the menu.

edit: except for sei doesn't work on quake, doom, and any other game that requires the game to be installed in a folder with a specific name.
LokStok

Post by LokStok »

Firstly .. I have read plenty on this forum .. hence why I registered to ask .. as this seemed the best place to ask about what I can do with my PSP ..

You are also correct in what u say about the mods n admin I guess .. as I've seen mrbrown bein a cunt to quite a few people .. but there are over 3000 registered users here .. normal people (on the whole) .. and as this thread proved .. there are ppl willin to be helpfull to others regardless of my 'non-interest' in source codes and whatever else has me totally confused .. thanks to Agoln .. and 'Jimbo000000oo' on AIM ..

I don't want to Develop games .. I want to play them !!! ..

And well .. if admin has some major problem with me registerin on his forum to seek help and advice .. that's a shame .. but he can easily delete and ban my account/I.P ..

Now if there are any other people or person that can help me on another question .. (before my non game-developin arse gets barred from this site) .. I would greatly appreciate it ..

Question - So I got the chess game over to my PSP .. and then downloaded a few more ROMs .. when unzippin my next ROM (some SNES one) it asks if I want to replace the EBOOT file .. Do I? .. or Do I Rename? .. or what? ..

Please forgive me for not bein a super tech head .. I have basic comp skills that get me by .. sue me! ..
Energy

Post by Energy »

I'm a uker and I have a PSP, they're fun! lol

ok.
When u copy games to your PSP put them in seperate folders. So lets say we get the chess game and quake and rin (the game boy emulator) on our memory card. We put them on the psp here

MS: PSP/GAME/RIN
MS: PSP/GAME/QUAKE-PSP
MS: PSP/GAME/CHESS

(MS: just means the memory stick, which is most likely E: on your machine)

If you want to put more software you just copy it into new folders. So unless you're updating an old game on your PSP you shouldn't have to copy over any EBOOT.PBP files.

Roms will usually go in a folder called ROMS in the folder that contains the software you will use. e.g.
MS: PSP/GAME/RIN/ROMS

Hope that helps on the copying of eboot.pbp issue.

As for the forum, I don't think they'll mind as long as you stay in the general forum.

Enjoy ur PSP.
They're a rip off over here in the uk :(
LokStok

Post by LokStok »

Thank you .. appreciate that .. these things seem obvious to ppl with enough computer knowledge to create these games .. for a regular but light user it's simple after I know .. lol ..

And yeah .. I went round town today for a PSP USB Data Transfer Cable .. Game, GameStation and Virgin all said not accessories until August at the earliest .. went to a 'family owmed' style games shop and they had a few .. cost me £9.99 however .. found them online for as cheap as £3.99 (but that one was £3.99 delivery) .. I just didn't want to wait on a delivery so paid full whack .. I paid £160 for my PSP with Need For Speed Underground Rivals and 2 (now lost) games on the MS .. and I am indeed enjoyin my PSP .. nice piece of kit .. lookin forward to it's evolution as it gets utilised more .. blows the Nintendo DS out the handheld proverbial water anyways ..

Thanx for the help .. not sure the frosty yet helpfull welcome to this forum makes me wanna stick around .. but I'll prolly ghost thru on occassion .. see if I can't try out some of the homebrew games .. and hopefully might even strike lucky and find some one has created a Texas Hold 'em Poker game .. that'd be sweet ..
Energy

Post by Energy »

THis site is more functional than a great community. There are some great people here too. There is a poker game out on the PSP, not sure if it's texas style... :/

websites like PSP updates is more geered towards end-users so maybe give that site a try. :)

have fun1 :D