Firmware

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

waza

Firmware

Post by waza »

Hi all,

I am willing to buy a PSP. Is there a way to know its firmware ?
I would like to buy one with 1.5 firmware to be able to develop on it.

Thx by advance.

Waza
Agoln

Post by Agoln »

As much as I hate pspupdates, they did post something very recently about this.
Want a 1.50? Want to know if it’s 1.50 before you open it? Here’s how:

A member in our forums, ThatDude, has shown the way to tell what version firmware the PSP has before you buy it. The technique is simple and has been verified by many people to be accurate.

On the back of the PSP box by the barcodes, there will be either an ‘A’, ‘B’, or nothing at all located below “120V”. If you do not have a letter that means it was purchased sometime near the US release (meaning 1.50). Having the letter ‘A’ means that the firmware is a 1.50, and seeing a letter ‘B’ there means 1.51. Now you won’t have to open the box to know your firmware, and most people are willing to find you a PSP box with the letter ‘A’ or no letter at all.

This is still an ongoing research project my members in our forums. If you would like to read more about it, or help to add some new findings you can discuss it in our forums [here].
Lego of my Ago!
waza

Post by waza »

Thx for the fast answer Agoln :)

Waza
Èl Nächó

Post by Èl Nächó »

I posted that info on team xecuters forums about 2 weeks ago. Please lets not give them any credit here at all.
waza

Post by waza »

I just bought my PSP, no letter and firmware 1.5. rules worked for me. bt i checked firmware with seller anyway :)

Waza