delphi and PSP?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

big0brother

delphi and PSP?

Post by big0brother »

I’ve been studying programming for a few years now (probably only a few days worth of actual study though) and the language I am learning is Delphi (I probably should have gone with C) and have made a PONG game, I want to know if its possible to converted this to play on the PSP and if so how?

Any help would be much appreciated
Last edited by big0brother on Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pdc

Post by pdc »

Short answer: No.

Longer answer:

As I'm sure you are aware, the Delphi compiler is closed source and compiles Windows/x86 binaries only.

I believe the GNU Pascal Compiler can output MIPS binaries but as the pspSDK (unoff.) is for C, you will have to do plenty of hard work yourself.

If you have been studying for years, you should know to expect very little from Delphi but Windows apps :P
big0brother

Post by big0brother »

thought so, oh well guess i better start learning C

thanks for replying anyway
big0brother

Post by big0brother »

is the only difference between C, C++ and C# then way you write the code? can you use any of those to program the PSP or just C?
develprx

Post by develprx »

in the current state just C. and yes it has to deal with the way code is written. they are different languages after all. although C and C++ are pretty similar for the most part, just minor differences such as in classes and structs.
Jim

Post by Jim »

C++ works with pspsdk too. STSound YM player is partially C++.

Jim