How long until ./toolchain.sh completes?!

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

jason867

How long until ./toolchain.sh completes?!

Post by jason867 »

I've been following a lot of topics here in thes forums for the past few days. I've been trying to install PSPSDK, I've followed instructions for installing cygwin and all that other stuff. My cygwin window is at this moment running and installing stuff after typing in ./toolchain.sh. It's been going at for over 2 hours now! How long before it's done? I know it depends on internet connection and computer speed, I have a 1.2ghz celeron HP pavilon 511W pc with 512mb ram, at least 6 gigs hd space left before downloading this stuff, and a dsl connection running at 256kb\s I think. I ran cygwin last night and let it run while I was asleep, hoping it would be finished in morning. To my great dismay, it had froze part way through the process. Which lately, my pc seems to occasionally freeze completely. No mouse movement, no hd activity, no nothing. I assume the same thing happened while cygwin was running. I started it again, hoping it would either start up where it left off, or at least start over with out screwing up because it got interupted last night. It's now been running for over 2 hours straight, and it seems to repeat a lot of what it outputs to the console. Am I doing something wrong? I've searched through these forums for anything that resembles my problem, or for an indication of how long it can take. Please help me out, this has got me depressed.

p.s. this may or may not be significant to my problem, but I've been following the advice on this website.
http://wiki.ps2dev.org/psp:programming_faq
The first time I printed it, and it says in step # 2 to install the following pachages;
gcc, make, patch, wget, binutils, bzip2, subversion, doxygen, perl.
But later on I revisted the page and this step has changed slightly, now saying to install the 'Devel" category and the wget package. Is this detrimental to the installation process? Because I picked the individual packages, not the whole devel category. Just wondering.
Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee, besides, I'm playing my PSP, tee hee!
------------------------------------------------------
Visit my website for my PSP Homebrew!
AnonymousTipster

Post by AnonymousTipster »

It can go for a very long time, especially if your VirtualMemory is low. You definitely need the devel category - it is wise just to install everything, then you can be in no doubt.
pixel

Post by pixel »

For me, on a 2ghz platform, it performs for about 3 hours under cygwin.
pixel: A mischievous magical spirit associated with screen displays. The computer industry has frequently borrowed from mythology. Witness the sprites in computer graphics, the demons in artificial intelligence and the trolls in the marketing department.
jason867

Post by jason867 »

just to be sure we're all on the same page, I've already installed cygwin, and I installed everything from the devel category that I didn't install the first time. I had no problem with that. All of that took aproximately 3 hours for me.

Each time I run cygwin and the toolchain script, my pc has froze on me during the process, it just did about half an hour ago. It's been doing that before I started messing with this psp stuff, so I pretty sure it's unrelated to what cygwin is doing, at least not directly related.

Does anyone happen to know if the toolchain script running in cygwin starts up where it left off, because mine keeps getting interupted from my computer freezing on me, and I'm wondering if all that progress is just going down the drain. not only that but it seems to repeat itself a lot each time I've ran it.
Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee, besides, I'm playing my PSP, tee hee!
Drakonite
Site Admin

Post by Drakonite »

No, the script doesn't remember where it left off, though I suppose with a bit of effort it could be manually resumed...

It sounds like your computer may be overheating, have some bad ram, or something of that nature... Random-ish crashes associated with lots of cpu usage typically end up being one of those two things ;) (usually heat in my experience...)

As for how long to take.. depending what else you have running in the background, I'd expect it to take 3-4 hours on your system...
Shoot Pixels Not People!
Makeshift Development
maddogjt1

Post by maddogjt1 »

There are four steps to building the psp toolchain and if any one of those fail while using the toolchain.sh script, the entire process has to be restarted. You can partially work around this by building each part of the toolchain seperately, which will allow you to only rebuild that part that failed.

There are several command line switches you can pass to the toolchain.sh script and they are:

-d = download
-b = build binutils
-g = build gcc
-n = build newlib
-p = build pspsdk

so if you run the toolchain as such, you can restart at the point where your build fails

./toolchain.sh -d -b
./toolchain.sh -d -g
./toolchain.sh -d -n
./toolchain.sh -d -p
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

There's actually five steps:

binutils --> gcc --> newlib --> g++ --> pspsdk

Currently, gcc and g++ are both linked to '-g'. I suppose it would be nice to split them up so it truly can be restarted at any step.
jason867

Post by jason867 »

Well, I did buy a new desk for my computer, the tower is in a space on the lower right side. It's got several inches between it and the wall, although there is quite a bit of wiring in there. The air conditioner vent is located right underneath the shelf with the pc tower on it, and cool air flows behind the pc tower. The motherboard side of the tower is snug against the side of the desk. Since there is quite a bit of space, and cool air flow, I wouldn't think it would overheat. I don't think I've had overheating problems in the past. Although I might not have realized it either.

I also recently bought two PNY 256MB PC100 SDRAM sticks for my pc, which came with only 128MB. That made a world of difference in it's performance! Soon after my pc started randomly freezing like I've described. I've tried using system restore and other things, but to no avail.

My pc does seem to freeze during intense usage. I know it's frozen before at the following times; Battlefield 2 demo, FFXI, Battlefield, during cygwin downloading/installation and operation. Although, it has froze during normal pc operation, such as while doing nothing, and simply surfing the net. What do you suggest I do in regards to this?

I think I'm just gonna delete everything concerning pspsdk and cygwin, and start with a new slate. Make sure everything is up-to-date. And make sure I've downloaded the devel category and wget.

If there's any advice or knowledge that anyone feels should be imparted upon me, feel free to do so, thanks.

[Edit] I just encountered another problem, unrelated to freezing. I was redownloading/installing the cygwin packages, and at about half way through, it gave me a pop-up error message saying that a file didn't exist or could not be opened. I don't remember the exact filename, but it looked like one of the files downloaded for installation, and it had bzip2 somewhere near the end of the filename. After clicking ok, the update process quits. How could it download a file and then not find it?!

To be honest I'm getting quite frustrated with this (I always get frustrated when it comes to my programming hobby), and I'm about ready to give up. Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not meaning to take this out on anyone here or to point fingers or anything. I know you guys are doing everything you can to help the community, and I appreciate that, I could never do everything you guys have done. I just hope that someone will eventually do something similiar to the HAM compiler for the GBA. That is so much simpler.
rinco

Post by rinco »

have you tried any sort of diagnostic software? or an os less susceptible to trojans?

i'd start with memtest86. then move to linux.
jason867

Post by jason867 »

I wouldn't mind moving to linux, I've already messed around with Knoppix, the distribution that runs entirely off of the cd. The only problem is I play a lot of pc games, FFXI is the most important one. I could partition my hard drive and have both xp and linux, but I'd rather not get into that. Maybe if I buy a new system.

Anyways, restarted the cygwin setup program, and after checking to see what had been downloaded/installed, it came up with that error again, which I'm going to post in it's entirity right here;

Can't open C:\Documents and Settings\owner\My documents\my videogames\playstation portable\programming\Cygwin Installation Files\http%3a%2f%2fplanetmirror.com%2fpub%2fsourceware%2fcygwin/release/graphicsmagick/libgraphicsmagick-devel/libgraphicsmagick-devel-1.0.6-1.tar.bz2.tmp for writing: no such file or directory

Any ideas on what's going on?
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

Perhaps you're running out of disk space?
rinco

Post by rinco »

Code: Select all

$ echo "C:\Documents and Settings\owner\My documents\my videogames\playstation portable\programming\Cygwin Installation Files\http%3a%2f%2fplanetmirror.com%2fpub%2fsourceware%2fcygwin/release/graphicsmagick/libgraphicsmagick-devel/libgraphicsmagick-devel-1.0.6-1.tar.bz2.tmp" | wc -c     
perhaps your path is too big
jason867

Post by jason867 »

I've got 8-9 gigs of free space. If the path was too long, then wouldn't the same thing happen to the other packages?

I tried that memtest86 thing, and it seemed to get stuck at about 40%. I'll probably try it again in a little bit, when I leave.

[edit] lol I just realized something. I looked at that $ echo thing again, and I'm guessing that the # 267 represents how many characters are in that path. Maybe it is too long, 'libgraphicsmagick' is a prettly long name compared to the packages before it, and being repeated several times in an already long path could breach the limit. The limit, for windows systems I think anyways, is 255 characters ain't it? The same as a 'char' variable? I'll shorten the path a lot to see if that helps.

[edit] That's what it was! I shortened the path and cygwin is chugging along. Now, I hope it can finish downloading and installing before my computer goes on the fritz.

Thanks for all the help from everyone so far.
cola

Post by cola »

I am having problems compiling the toolchain as well. Heres what I get when I try './toolchain -d -b'

Code: Select all

make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/pspdev/binutils-2.16/build-psp/ld'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/pspdev/binutils-2.16/build-psp/ld'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/pspdev/binutils-2.16/build-psp/ld'
/bin/sh ../mkinstalldirs /usr/local/pspdev /usr/local/pspdev
mkdir -p -- /usr/local/pspdev /usr/local/pspdev
mkdir: cannot create directory `/usr/local/pspdev': Permission denied
mkdir: cannot create directory `/usr/local/pspdev': Permission denied
make: *** [installdirs] Error 1
ERROR INSTALLING BINUTILS
No cygwin for me :)
beatwho

Post by beatwho »

try running that command as root
Mangus

Post by Mangus »

jason867, freezing, other than hardware problems (heating), can be caused by your HD going into sleep mode, HD having a sys error, as mentioned before your Virtual memory is too low (provide more space for page filing to solve), and regular Scandisk and/or Defraging (defrag once a week on windows or you'll face hell- Windows XP scans the disk during analyzing phase, so Scandisk is really not used on XP) helps a lot. Otherwise to find out whats wrong run:
http://www.download.com/1-Click-PC-Fix/ ... 69772.html
for software needs (I believe thats all it really does) and:
http://www.download.com/-1-TuffTEST-Lit ... ag=lst-0-2
for hardware needs
jason867

Post by jason867 »

During all of this stuff, I've disabled the HD sleep mode so that it never goes to sleep. I manually adjusted the virtual memory settings before this psp stuff to use a gig of HD for virtual memory, and I got 8-9 gigs free. I run defragment about once a blue moon, but I did do it within the last month or two.

I'll try out those two programs though. I tried using memtest86 again but it froze at 35%...

./toochain.sh -d -b worked and completed fairly quickly without any errors that I know of. Hopefully the next three will be similiar.

Thanks again for everyones help.
rinco

Post by rinco »

if your computer freezes just reading and writing to memory (memtest86), then it is broken. even if you complete the software compliation you will probably have incomplete binary files.

it is extremely unlikely that modifying any windows setting will stop the freezing.

i suggest you identify the broken part(s) in your computer before proceeding. or get a new computer.
jason867

Post by jason867 »

I don't have money for a new pc, this one was bought for me. I don't really have the money to buy parts for it either, the pny memory upgrade costed me $100 and seems to work just fine. I would think if there was a problem with the memory that it would make itself more apparent than an occasional freeze.

Anyways, I've been running the toolchain's 4 different processes one at a time. The first process './toolchain.sh -d -b' worked just fine and produced no errors. I ran the second one './toolchain.sh -d -g' a while later, and it ran fine for a few hours untill it started producing warnings and errors and ultimately concluded with this;

make[1]: *** [regex.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/pspdev/gcc-4.0.1/build-psp-c++/psp/libiberty'
make: *** [all-target-libiberty] Error 2
ERROR BUILDING GCC (C++)

Owner@Pavilion1200 ~/psptoolchain
$ _

It mentions (C++) at the bottom, does this mean that only the C++ stuff was effected? Because I only plan on programming in C for the PSP. Or has it effect the C portion too?

Let me know what you think...

P.S. I just revisted this forum using the knoppix distribution cd, lol. Anyways, how would one install pspsdk on a linux distribution? You would skip all of the cygwin stuff right? I don't know much about linux, but I've been considering adding a second harddrive and install a linux distribution. If I wanted to install pspsdk on a linux os, how would I go about that? wiki.ps2ev.org is kinda vague as to how to do that. I know that I couldn't do it on knoppix because it doesn't use the HD. I'm just curious.

Also, I know that big name applications and games are usually only for windows. But I'm just wondering is there ANY way that a windows specific app could be used on a linux distribution? Like for example, would there be any way to run FFXI on linux? I doubt there is but if anyone knew, I figure they'd be around here. Thanks
jason867

Post by jason867 »

Can anyone give me advice on what the error above means and what I can do to fix it? I would be most appreciative, thanks.
cheriff
Regular

Post by cheriff »

You didn't post the actual error from the compiler, only the last few lines which doesn't gell us much. the real error messages look like
somefile.c:xx: error: blah blah blah
Thats what's needed to diagnose any problem.

Also, i'm still fairly suspicious about your RAM. The toolchain shouldnt be so unstable all the time, if re-downloading it on different days doesn;t fix anything, i'd say the error is on your side.

Also, bad RAM doesn't usually rear it's ugly head untill it's put under stress, the kind of stress that compiling a toolchain induces, the fact that it boots windows and ms office runs or whatever doesn't mean it's perfect. memtest says otherwise too. and gcc brings out the bugs.

and for your question, under linux you simply download the toolchain.sh and run it:
./toolchain.sh
same as cygwin.
Damn, I need a decent signature!
jason867

Post by jason867 »

I took a screenshot of the shell before I clicked ok, because it would disappear. Above what I typed it had this repeated several times.

../../../libiberty/regex.c:8244: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

it repeats that several times, although the '8244' changes from 8234-8244, skipping a few numbers in between. And I guess it repeats this sequence for a little ways up, but I didn't think to screenshot it all.

P.S. Thanks for answering the linux question. So I assume linux distributions should have all the packages I would need? Like the Devel category and wget? And that I would just need to keep them updated?
Laurens

Post by Laurens »

I had exactly the same trouble as you. It seems the current toolchain doesn't work too well when not compiling _everything_, at least not on a clean system.

Try to delete all the installed files, and run toolchain.sh without any parameters.
If a beautiful girl tells you she's done some modeling work in the past, and you ask her what 3D software she used, you might be a gamedeveloper.
jason867

Post by jason867 »

So does anyone know if that error means anything? Or is it a result of bad memory. lol, at least it didn't freeze on me this time.

[edit] lol, ignore this message, I've had this page on screen for awhile, and I left a message without thinking of refreshing the page to see if someone made a reply...
jason867

Post by jason867 »

When you say 'installed files' what exactly do you mean? The cygwin packages? psptoolchain? Did this make it work for you?
Laurens

Post by Laurens »

I removed /tmp/pspdev, /usr/local/pspdev/ and my toolchain files. I downloaded the toolchain.sh file from oopo's homepage, ran it again without any parameters, and so far that solved my troubles.
If a beautiful girl tells you she's done some modeling work in the past, and you ask her what 3D software she used, you might be a gamedeveloper.
jason867

Post by jason867 »

Ok, I figured I would redo everything one last time before giving up on this teeth-pulling fiasco. I deleted all of cygwin and pspsdk. I reinstalled cygwin from the directory where it stores the installation files. I know for a fact that all the neccesary files were installed. Started up cygwin, unzipped psptoolchain folder into owner folder. Then I started the execution of the script. It started up fine and looked fine. I left to go do some errands, while I waited for the toolchain script to finish or screw up. Came back several hours later, pc did not freeze thankfully. Output screen showed several errors and warnings about installing pspsdk. I decided to post it on here, but didn't want to type it. So after fiddleing around with it a bit, I figured out how to copy and paste it into here. Here is the entirity of the output screen, errors and all (as far as it would make available anyways);

/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ../../gcc/po/be.gmo /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale/be
/LC_MESSAGES/gcc.mo
/bin/sh ../../gcc/../mkinstalldirs /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale/ca/LC_MESSAGES

/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ../../gcc/po/ca.gmo /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale/ca
/LC_MESSAGES/gcc.mo
/bin/sh ../../gcc/../mkinstalldirs /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale/da/LC_MESSAGES

/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ../../gcc/po/da.gmo /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale/da
/LC_MESSAGES/gcc.mo
/bin/sh ../../gcc/../mkinstalldirs /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES

/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ../../gcc/po/de.gmo /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale/de
/LC_MESSAGES/gcc.mo
/bin/sh ../../gcc/../mkinstalldirs /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale/el/LC_MESSAGES

/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ../../gcc/po/el.gmo /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale/el
/LC_MESSAGES/gcc.mo
/bin/sh ../../gcc/../mkinstalldirs /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale/es/LC_MESSAGES

/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ../../gcc/po/es.gmo /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale/es
/LC_MESSAGES/gcc.mo
/bin/sh ../../gcc/../mkinstalldirs /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES

/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ../../gcc/po/fr.gmo /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale/fr
/LC_MESSAGES/gcc.mo
/bin/sh ../../gcc/../mkinstalldirs /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale/ja/LC_MESSAGES

/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ../../gcc/po/ja.gmo /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale/ja
/LC_MESSAGES/gcc.mo
/bin/sh ../../gcc/../mkinstalldirs /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale/nl/LC_MESSAGES

/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ../../gcc/po/nl.gmo /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale/nl
/LC_MESSAGES/gcc.mo
/bin/sh ../../gcc/../mkinstalldirs /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale/rw/LC_MESSAGES

/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ../../gcc/po/rw.gmo /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale/rw
/LC_MESSAGES/gcc.mo
/bin/sh ../../gcc/../mkinstalldirs /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale/sv/LC_MESSAGES

/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ../../gcc/po/sv.gmo /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale/sv
/LC_MESSAGES/gcc.mo
/bin/sh ../../gcc/../mkinstalldirs /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale/tr/LC_MESSAGES

/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ../../gcc/po/tr.gmo /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale/tr
/LC_MESSAGES/gcc.mo
/bin/sh ../../gcc/../mkinstalldirs /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale/zh_CN/LC_MESSA
GES
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ../../gcc/po/zh_CN.gmo /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale
/zh_CN/LC_MESSAGES/gcc.mo
rm -f /usr/local/pspdev/bin/psp-gcc.exe
/usr/bin/install -c xgcc.exe /usr/local/pspdev/bin/psp-gcc.exe
rm -f /usr/local/pspdev/bin/psp-gcc-4.0.1
( cd /usr/local/pspdev/bin && \
ln psp-gcc.exe psp-gcc-4.0.1 )
if [ -f gcc-cross.exe ] ; then \
if [ -d /usr/local/pspdev/lib/gcc/psp/4.0.1/../../../../psp/bin/. ] ; then \
rm -f /usr/local/pspdev/lib/gcc/psp/4.0.1/../../../../psp/bin/gcc.exe; \
/usr/bin/install -c gcc-cross.exe /usr/local/pspdev/lib/gcc/psp/4.0.1/../../
../../psp/bin/gcc.exe; \
else true; fi; \
else \
rm -f /usr/local/pspdev/bin/psp-gcc-tmp.exe; \
( cd /usr/local/pspdev/bin && \
ln psp-gcc.exe psp-gcc-tmp.exe && \
mv -f psp-gcc-tmp.exe psp-psp-gcc.exe ); \
fi
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/pspdev/gcc-4.0.1/build-psp/gcc'
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/pspdev/gcc-4.0.1/build-psp/intl'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `install'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/pspdev/gcc-4.0.1/build-psp/intl'
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/pspdev/gcc-4.0.1/build-psp/libcpp'
test -f config.h || (rm -f stamp-h1 && make stamp-h1)
mkdir -p -- /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale/vi/LC_MESSAGES
cats="po/be.gmo po/ca.gmo po/da.gmo po/de.gmo po/el.gmo po/es.gmo po/fr.gmo po/j
a.gmo po/nl.gmo po/rw.gmo po/sv.gmo po/tr.gmo po/vi.gmo po/be.gmo po/ca.gmo po/d
a.gmo po/de.gmo po/el.gmo po/es.gmo po/fr.gmo po/ja.gmo po/nl.gmo po/rw.gmo po/s
v.gmo po/tr.gmo po/vi.gmo"; for cat in $cats; do \
lang=`basename $cat | sed 's/\.gmo$//'`; \
if [ -f $cat ]; then :; \
elif [ -f ../../libcpp/$cat ]; then cat=../../libcpp/$cat; \
else continue; \
fi; \
dir=/usr/local/pspdev/share/locale/$lang/LC_MESSAGES; \
echo /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 $cat $dir/cpplib.mo; \
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 $cat $dir/cpplib.mo; \
done
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ../../libcpp/po/be.gmo /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale
/be/LC_MESSAGES/cpplib.mo
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ../../libcpp/po/ca.gmo /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale
/ca/LC_MESSAGES/cpplib.mo
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ../../libcpp/po/da.gmo /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale
/da/LC_MESSAGES/cpplib.mo
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ../../libcpp/po/de.gmo /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale
/de/LC_MESSAGES/cpplib.mo
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ../../libcpp/po/el.gmo /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale
/el/LC_MESSAGES/cpplib.mo
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ../../libcpp/po/es.gmo /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale
/es/LC_MESSAGES/cpplib.mo
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ../../libcpp/po/fr.gmo /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale
/fr/LC_MESSAGES/cpplib.mo
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ../../libcpp/po/ja.gmo /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale
/ja/LC_MESSAGES/cpplib.mo
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ../../libcpp/po/nl.gmo /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale
/nl/LC_MESSAGES/cpplib.mo
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ../../libcpp/po/rw.gmo /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale
/rw/LC_MESSAGES/cpplib.mo
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ../../libcpp/po/sv.gmo /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale
/sv/LC_MESSAGES/cpplib.mo
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ../../libcpp/po/tr.gmo /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale
/tr/LC_MESSAGES/cpplib.mo
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ../../libcpp/po/vi.gmo /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale
/vi/LC_MESSAGES/cpplib.mo
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ../../libcpp/po/be.gmo /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale
/be/LC_MESSAGES/cpplib.mo
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ../../libcpp/po/ca.gmo /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale
/ca/LC_MESSAGES/cpplib.mo
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ../../libcpp/po/da.gmo /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale
/da/LC_MESSAGES/cpplib.mo
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ../../libcpp/po/de.gmo /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale
/de/LC_MESSAGES/cpplib.mo
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ../../libcpp/po/el.gmo /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale
/el/LC_MESSAGES/cpplib.mo
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ../../libcpp/po/es.gmo /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale
/es/LC_MESSAGES/cpplib.mo
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ../../libcpp/po/fr.gmo /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale
/fr/LC_MESSAGES/cpplib.mo
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ../../libcpp/po/ja.gmo /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale
/ja/LC_MESSAGES/cpplib.mo
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ../../libcpp/po/nl.gmo /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale
/nl/LC_MESSAGES/cpplib.mo
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ../../libcpp/po/rw.gmo /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale
/rw/LC_MESSAGES/cpplib.mo
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ../../libcpp/po/sv.gmo /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale
/sv/LC_MESSAGES/cpplib.mo
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ../../libcpp/po/tr.gmo /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale
/tr/LC_MESSAGES/cpplib.mo
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ../../libcpp/po/vi.gmo /usr/local/pspdev/share/locale
/vi/LC_MESSAGES/cpplib.mo
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/pspdev/gcc-4.0.1/build-psp/libcpp'
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/pspdev/gcc-4.0.1/build-psp/libiberty'
make[2]: Entering directory `/tmp/pspdev/gcc-4.0.1/build-psp/libiberty/testsuite
'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/pspdev/gcc-4.0.1/build-psp/libiberty/testsuite'

/bin/sh ../../libiberty/../mkinstalldirs /usr/local/pspdev/lib
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ./libiberty.a /usr/local/pspdev/lib/./libiberty.an
( cd /usr/local/pspdev/lib ; ranlib ./libiberty.an )
mv -f /usr/local/pspdev/lib/./libiberty.an /usr/local/pspdev/lib/./libiberty.a
if test -n ""; then \
case "" in \
/*) thd=;; \
*) thd=/usr/local/pspdev/include/;; \
esac; \
/bin/sh ../../libiberty/../mkinstalldirs ${thd}; \
for h in ../../libiberty/../include/ansidecl.h ../../libiberty/../include/dema
ngle.h ../../libiberty/../include/dyn-string.h ../../libiberty/../include/fibhea
p.h ../../libiberty/../include/floatformat.h ../../libiberty/../include/hashtab.
h ../../libiberty/../include/libiberty.h ../../libiberty/../include/objalloc.h .
./../libiberty/../include/partition.h ../../libiberty/../include/safe-ctype.h ..
/../libiberty/../include/sort.h ../../libiberty/../include/splay-tree.h ../../li
biberty/../include/ternary.h; do \
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 $h ${thd}; \
done; \
fi
make[2]: Entering directory `/tmp/pspdev/gcc-4.0.1/build-psp/libiberty/testsuite
'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `install'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/pspdev/gcc-4.0.1/build-psp/libiberty/testsuite'

make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/pspdev/gcc-4.0.1/build-psp/libiberty'
Doing clean in fixincludes
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/pspdev/gcc-4.0.1/build-psp/fixincludes'
rm -f *.o *-stamp applyfix.exe fixincl.exe *~ fixinc.sh
rm -f mkheaders
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/pspdev/gcc-4.0.1/build-psp/fixincludes'
Doing clean in gcc
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/pspdev/gcc-4.0.1/build-psp/gcc'
rm -f insn-flags.h insn-config.h insn-codes.h insn-output.c insn-recog.c insn-em
it.c insn-extract.c insn-peep.c insn-attr.h insn-attrtab.c insn-opinit.c insn-pr
eds.c insn-constants.h tm-preds.h tree-check.h insn-conditions.c min-insn-modes.
c insn-modes.c insn-modes.h genrtl.c genrtl.h gt-*.h gtype-*.h gtype-desc.c gtyp
-gen.h *.o s-* xgcc.exe cpp.exe cc1.exe gcc-cross.exe protoize.exe unprotoize
.exe specs collect2.exe gcov-iov.exe gcov.exe gcov-dump.exe *.[0-9][0-9].* *.[si
] libbackend.a libgcc.mk
rm -f *.{gcda,gcno}
rm -rf libgcc
rm -f build/*
rm -f mddeps.mk
rm -f xlimits.h
rm -f xsys-protos.hT
rm -f specs.h gencheck.h options.c options.h
rm -f s-* tmp-* stamp-* stmp-*
rm -f */stamp-* */tmp-*
rm -f *.[0-9][0-9].* */*.[0-9][0-9].*
rm -f specs specs SYSCALLS.c.X SYSCALLS.c
rm -f collect collect2 mips-tfile mips-tdump
rm -rf .exe xsys-protos.h deduced.h tmp-deduced.h \
gen-protos.exe fixproto.list fixtmp.* fixhdr.ready
rm -f *.toc *.log *.vr *.fn *.cp *.tp *.ky *.pg
rm -f */*.toc */*.log */*.vr */*.fn */*.cp */*.tp */*.ky */*.pg
rm -f gcc.vrs gcc.kys gcc.tps gcc.pgs gcc.fns
rm -f core */core
rm -f gtyp-gen.h
rm -f gtype-*
rm -f gt-*
rm -f libgcc.a libgcc_eh.a libgcov.a
rm -f libgcc_s*
rm -f libunwind*
rm -f config.h tconfig.h bconfig.h tm_p.h tm.h
rm -f options.c options.h optionlist
rm -f cs-*
rm -rf libgcc
rm -f doc/*.dvi
rm -rf include
rm -f multilib.h tmpmultilib*
if [ "x" != x ] ; then \
rm -rf ; \
else if [ "x" != x ] ; then \
rm -rf `echo | sed -e 's/\// /g'`; \
fi ; fi
rm -fr stage1 stage2 stage3 stage4 stageprofile stagefeedback
rm -f stage?_*
rm -f clean?_*
rm -f stage_last
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/pspdev/gcc-4.0.1/build-psp/gcc'
Doing clean in intl
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/pspdev/gcc-4.0.1/build-psp/intl'
rm -f *.a *.la *.o *.obj *.lo core core.* libintl.h
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/pspdev/gcc-4.0.1/build-psp/intl'
Doing clean in libcpp
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/pspdev/gcc-4.0.1/build-psp/libcpp'
rm -f *.o
rm -rf makedepend.exe libcpp.a ../../libcpp/autom4te.cache
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/pspdev/gcc-4.0.1/build-psp/libcpp'
Doing clean in libiberty
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/pspdev/gcc-4.0.1/build-psp/libiberty'
'
rm -f test-demangle

make SUBDIRS="" mostlyclean
make[2]: Entering directory `/tmp/pspdev/gcc-4.0.1/build-psp/libiberty'
rm -rf *.o pic core errs \#* *.E a.out
rm -f needed.awk needed2.awk errors dummy needed-list config.h stamp-*
rm -f stamp-picdir
rm -f libiberty.aux libiberty.cp libiberty.cps libiberty.fn libiberty.ky
rm -f libiberty.log libiberty.tmp libiberty.tps libiberty.pg
rm -f libiberty.pgs libiberty.toc libiberty.tp libiberty.tpl libiberty.vr
rm -f libtexi.stamp
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/pspdev/gcc-4.0.1/build-psp/libiberty'
rm -f *.a required-list tmpmulti.out
rm -f libiberty.dvi libiberty.info* libiberty.html
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/pspdev/gcc-4.0.1/build-psp/libiberty'
test ! -d gcc/libgcc || \
(cd gcc/libgcc && find . -type d -print) | \
while read d; do rm -f gcc/$d/libgcc.a || : ; done
rm -rf gcc/libgcc
rm -f gcc/stmp-dirs
rm -f *.a TEMP errs core *.o *~ \#* TAGS *.E *.log
/usr/share/aclocal/libsmi.m4:8: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_LIBSM
I
run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
or see http://sources.redhat.com/automake/auto ... ng-aclocal
/usr/share/aclocal/freetype2.m4:7: warning: underquoted definition of AC_CHECK_F
T2
/usr/share/aclocal/cppunit.m4:4: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_CPPU
NIT
C:\cygwin\bin\perl.exe (2580): *** unable to remap C:\cygwin\lib\perl5\5.8\cygwi
n\auto\Data\Dumper\Dumper.dll to same address as parent(0xDC0000) != 0x66600000
22 [main] perl 2664 fork_parent: child 2580 died waiting for dll loading
C:\cygwin\bin\perl.exe (2768): *** unable to remap C:\cygwin\lib\perl5\5.8\cygwi
20 [main] perl 4068 fork_parent: child 2768 died waiting for dll loading
autoheader-2.5x: error: AC_CONFIG_HEADERS not found in configure.ac
C:\cygwin\bin\perl.exe (1680): *** unable to remap C:\cygwin\lib\perl5\5.8\cygwi
20 [main] perl 3228 fork_parent: child 1680 died waiting for dll loading
configure.ac: no proper invocation of AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE was found.
configure.ac: You should verify that configure.ac invokes AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE,
configure.ac: that aclocal.m4 is present in the top-level directory,
configure.ac: and that aclocal.m4 was recently regenerated (using aclocal).
configure.ac: installing `./install-sh'
configure.ac: installing `./missing'
automake: no `Makefile.am' found for any configure output
automake: Did you forget AC_CONFIG_FILES([Makefile]) in configure.ac?
C:\cygwin\bin\perl.exe (3160): *** unable to remap C:\cygwin\lib\perl5\5.8\cygwi
18 [main] perl 2392 fork_parent: child 3160 died waiting for dll loading
grep: Makefile.in: No such file or directory
cat: configure: No such file or directory
./toolchain.sh: line 245: ./configure: Permission denied
ERROR RUNNING PSPSDK CONFIGURE

Owner@Pavilion1200 ~/psptoolchain
$

Does anyone have any advice for me at all? If this doesn't work, then I'm giving up pspdev and updating to 2.0.

Thank you all for your patience and help.
rinco

Post by rinco »

looks like your computer is screwed. if you were in canberra i'd give you a working computer just to stop this insanity.
jason867

Post by jason867 »

Does anyone else have an idea? Or do you all concur that my pc is messed up?
Valohtar

Post by Valohtar »

I had almost the exact same problem. See http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=2809 for what I did. It worked for me.

You need to install the rebase package, then run ash.exe from the command prompt inside of the cygwin folder. From there, type rebaseall. I don't know why or how, but it works, at least for me.