pspgl (no texture support yet?)

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

webjeff

pspgl (no texture support yet?)

Post by webjeff »

I see there is no GLGenTextures nor GLBindTextures, which I need to use for rendering textures on models... any idea if this is going to implimented anytime or if there is a work around?

Been using both GU and PSPGL to see which one I like better.. currently, minus this, it seems GL is easier to work in since I know opengl but it would suck if I can't use textures by id :)

Thanks
Jeff.
inomine

Post by inomine »

Looking at the README file for pspGL it would certainly seem that textures currently do not work, and neither do a lot of other things. You can always implement them :P

There is also TinyGL to play with, no idea if that supports texturing or not, or if it even works at this stage.
rinco

Post by rinco »

tinygl textures work. right now it is not much more than an SDL sample.

my local copy is gu accelerated (with textures! and bugs!), but with the advent of pspgl I'm not sure if I will continue (it's gonna take me longer to produce something slower).
jsgf

Re: pspgl (no texture support yet?)

Post by jsgf »

webjeff wrote:I see there is no GLGenTextures nor GLBindTextures, which I need to use for rendering textures on models... any idea if this is going to implimented anytime or if there is a work around?
I've just finished implementing texture objects for pspgl. I hope they'll go in when Holger gets back from his holidays sometime this week.

J
holger

Re: pspgl (no texture support yet?)

Post by holger »

just arrived, I'm reviewing the patches the next days. Since Jeremy did quite a lot of work, this may take some time -- you can fetch his changes in the meantime from Jeremy's homepage.

Currently textures are (as in the libGU) read directly from the host memory, if you have multiple textures just call glTexImage2D() for each one seperately. You don't need to bind them, in the current implementation we don't copy them into VRAM anyways. Basically the current implementation handles textures in a similiar fashion as OpenGL 1.0 did.
Produkt

Post by Produkt »

Hows the work comming along?