Previous EBOOT.PBP available?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

DjArcas

Previous EBOOT.PBP available?

Post by DjArcas »

I have a 1.0 PSP, and have just bought a bunch of Uk games that require a 1.52 firmware. The WabVersionChanger doesn't work on 1.0, from all accounts, so I want to flash my PSP to 1.5, then use the WabVersionChanger to fool the games into not updating my firmware. I've found the unpacked version of 1.5 (flash0/flash1), but that doesn't appear to be any actual use.

Can anyone help me locating the EBOOT.PBP needed to flash my PSP to 1.50?

Thanks in advance!
PspPet

Post by PspPet »

Several things.
This is a PSP Software development forum. Expect "Mr Closer" to come by and shut this thread down ;->

First, IMHO, you are better off leaving the 1.0 PSP as-is. I find it easier to develop with -- it doesn't require the "kexploit" trick
Second, IMHO, using "WabVersionChanger" is a dangerous and undocumented operation. It writes to your flash0 memory. The source code has not been published. Use at your own risk !

-----
If you ignore my warnings....
The "WabVersionChanger" *should* work under 1.0 (I have run the first part, but stopped before it got to the flashing part). If you find a 1.50 version packaged with 'kexploit' copy the EBOOT.PBP from the "%" folder (and don't install the non-"%" folder)

If you really want to upgrade to the 1.50 version, then you can find the old upgrade on the web
Here is one such website: http://www.psp-arena.de/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=839&
(not endorsed by me or this forum). Use any downloaded EBOOT.PBP at your own risk!!

I strongly recommended that you DO NOT run any of these on a Homebrew capable PSP unless you fully understand the risks.
KF1

Post by KF1 »

you dont want to use WAB Version changer people who have used it are having problems upgrading there fireware after they have used WAB version changer
Have UK PSP got it on release day
F9zDark

Post by F9zDark »

Yeah, and I'd much rather have a 1.0 psp than a 1.50. If you really want a 1.50 that bad, why not trade with someone who has a 1.50 at least then there are still some 1.0's left then. Or sell it to someone who wants a 1.0 and with the money buy a 1.50.

But I wouldn't upgrade it. 1.0 PSPs are on the verge of becoming collector's items since there are so few left.
ector

Post by ector »

WAB version changer has one really good use though: preventing accidental upgrades (if you let a friend use it or something). I used it to change my 1.50 psp to "2.00" with no bad side effects. Because it thinks it's 2.0, the 2.0 upgrader will not be able to run :)
http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~tronic/PSPTexTool.zip Free texture converter for PSP with source. More to come.
Thanhda

Post by Thanhda »

go to psp-hacks.com go under downloads. they got all the firmware updates. But honestly, i would prefer 1.0 over 1.5. less hassle.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...