possible to downgrade PSP 1004k from Firmware 1,52 to 1,50

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

marbert

possible to downgrade PSP 1004k from Firmware 1,52 to 1,50

Post by marbert »

sorry for my bad english, is there any way to downgrad the firmware?
here are so many topics but i am nott able to check it.
please if there is a way, tell it to me but sorry again my english is not so good.

Thanks a lot.
PspPet

Post by PspPet »

No.

Exploits are no longer discussed on this BBS.
This BBS talks about real homebrew.
====
There are many bogus claims floating around.
Ignore the idiots, until there is proof of a new exploit.

All the newbies looking for downgraders, please go here:
http://www.psphacks.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=21
[Non-newbies, warning: expect your IQ to drop by 50 points ;-]

Please feel free to comment on that thread. That kind discussion doesn't belong here.

(expecting this thread to be deleted soon...)
Accela

Post by Accela »

PspPet wrote:No.

Exploits are no longer discussed on this BBS.
This BBS talks about real homebrew.
====
despite the warning i'll try a quote (the consequences don't matter)

i understand that these discutions are a real pain in the ass, but this statement sounds ridiculous

it's like GM saying "we sell cars but we don't care about gas..if you can't find some, deal with it, we don't give a shit"
We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of uppers, downers, laughers, screamers...
Squall333

Post by Squall333 »

That would imply that ps2dev is = GM but GM would actually = sony
ps2 dev would actually = bobs custom auto shop so it is safe to say that bob could care less where you get your gas
groepaz

Post by groepaz »

aaaargs i clicked the link

:(
F9zDark

Post by F9zDark »

Well, to shed some light on it, I thought it was impossible. Simply because of two reasons:

1)I tried it LONG before WAB ever thought of it. I outlined my experiences here(which is located somewhere in the archives now I think). I got fed up with trying and said to hell with it, and returned my PSP because of dead pixels and got a new one.(the extended warranty that most game stores offer for 10 percent of the purchase price).

2)Coding a downgrader that worked on all PSPs would require a few pieces of knowledge or material otherwise illegal to have, unless they were found by legitimate reverse engineering. But seeing that bruting an AES key would take lifetimes, if not milennia, that may as well just be deemed impossible.

So what options are left? Well, quite frankly pick up where I stopped. I know someone who did such, using jerry rigged hardware to quick swap the mem-sticks.(I believe it worked by using a switch, that would change the mem-stick port being active or not). He got the process to go, and as it appeared to me, to be some sick joke on Sony's part, it got half-way through, shut down the PSP and it was as good as a brick upon trying to reboot.

Whether it exists or not is entirely up to debate. Being that these sites are not held accountable for the information they post(except their reputation) it would matter nothing to them if their knowledge was false (ala PSP-Hacks' post of Europeans getting 2.0 instead of 1.52 - which mind you is now removed from the archives).