What happened to PSP-Insight in the new toolchain script?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

jube

What happened to PSP-Insight in the new toolchain script?

Post by jube »

hi

Was wandering why insight with the psp patch has been effectivly "exited" out of the toolchain script? It seems to build under cygwin just fails at the last make clean statement, seems to run ok though? Wont build at all under Xubuntu, its not a problem, will use another client but was just wandering.
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

So, the build returns a failure under Cygwin and doesn't build at all under Xubuntu. That would seem reason enough to skip the build, at least until someone feels like fixing it.
jube

Post by jube »

Cool, hence the exit !! :)

Might have a look if have any time ( doubt it ! ) will post if find fault/solution
snowsquirrel

Post by snowsquirrel »

it works on debian etch (mepis 7). just remote the 'exit' command from the script.
~S
noxa

Post by noxa »

yeah, it'd be nice to have a concentrated effort at cracking these again - there are a lot of unknown user-mode nids
snowsquirrel

Post by snowsquirrel »

I had to install libx-dev to build it, which wasn't listed in the packages to install.

But it shouldn't be hard to get to work. Xubuntu is mostly debian based, so it shouldn't differ than much from my mepis/etch install.

btw - I suggest that all the packages have all the 'make installs' done seperately. Maybe another script which does all the installs at once, i.e, install_toolchain.sh. That way it can be built as a regular user, and the the install can be done as root if necessary.

~S
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

That wouldn't work. Building the toolchain is a process that has to happen in a particular order. You wouldn't be able to build gcc if you haven't already built and installed binutils.

I'll take a look at adding libx-dev to the depends check and see if it helps any. I didn't look into why insight hadn't been compiling back when I wrote the script.
snowsquirrel

Post by snowsquirrel »

Perhaps they could do what I did. Just set PSPDEV to some temporary location. Run build as normal user. Then as root (sudo), copy the temp dir to where the user actually wants it.
Noko

Post by Noko »

I think this might be the reason

Code: Select all

Andrey:/cygdrive/b/src/psptoolchain/build$ diff insight-6.4/config.sub gdb-6.4/config.sub
258a259
>       | mipsallegrex | mipsallegrexel \
337a339
>       | mipsallegrex-* | mipsallegrexel-* \
680a683,686
>       psp)
>               basic_machine=mipsallegrexel-psp
>               os=-elf
>               ;;