Nintendo DS

General, off-topic discussion about things of interest to the members of these forums.

Moderator: cheriff

Thanhda

Nintendo DS

Post by Thanhda »

hey does anyone know if theres any homebrew nintendo ds anywhere that supports 3d gfx?
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...
Drakonite
Site Admin

Post by Drakonite »

Of course.

You'd be a lot better off asking around DS homebrew places for info though.
Shoot Pixels Not People!
Makeshift Development
Thanhda

Post by Thanhda »

do you know of any? i've been looking around, but cant seem to find any.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...
Saotome

Post by Saotome »

maybe you should ask here.
infj
Thanhda

Post by Thanhda »

its a gba site, but it helps still. thanks. if you know of any other sites that would be great.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Thanhda wrote:its a gba site, but it helps still. thanks. if you know of any other sites that would be great.
Here's a GREAT site!

www.google.com

:P
Thanhda

Post by Thanhda »

J.F. wrote:
Thanhda wrote:its a gba site, but it helps still. thanks. if you know of any other sites that would be great.
Here's a GREAT site!

www.google.com

:P
yeah man i've been couldnt find anyway =/
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Seeing as the Nintendo DS just came out, didn't it occur to you that there probably isn't anything to find? Homebrew for consoles/handhelds usually don't appear for at least a year or two, usually longer.
Thanhda

Post by Thanhda »

actually i found quite some number of homebrew games on google, but all 2d games, if you read my post i was looking for some 3d stuff.
byg

Post by byg »

Look a little deeper. The forums cover DS dev too: http://forum.gbadev.org/viewforum.php?f=18

I don't know about 3D gfx, but try googling for ndslib too.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Wow! Okay... I guess they've been busting their butts on DS. :) Amazing how far they've come in such a short time... or is the DS simply just minor changes to the earlier system? If so, then much of the info was simply finding what changed.
Thanhda

Post by Thanhda »

well DS has been out for longer time period then psp. i have read serveral articals on the modification on not only software but hardware as well. and some people have turn there DS to a PDA. but i still havnt found anything on 3d gfx. havnt look too deep into what they have done, but its a posibility that it was built off the gba, since it is able to play gba games. or maybe not.
MrHTFord

Post by MrHTFord »

NDSLIB has an OpenGL-like 3d engine:-

http://www.drunkencoders.com/tools/DS/ndslib.zip

Giving up on PSP already?
Thanhda

Post by Thanhda »

MrHTFord wrote:NDSLIB has an OpenGL-like 3d engine:-

http://www.drunkencoders.com/tools/DS/ndslib.zip

Giving up on PSP already?
who said i'm giving up on psp, why not learn how to make on other system. thanks for the url.