Noob here, attempting to repair my PS2 - Have I killed it?

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

Sneezy D

Noob here, attempting to repair my PS2 - Have I killed it?

Post by Sneezy D »

I took off the lid, and misinterpreted a direction. I pulled out the cable that looks like metallic tape out of the machine. It's still connected to the lid. Yes, stupid stupid stupid. Is there any way to reattach it? Or have I killed the machine?

I'm so brand new to fixing these things, so please excuse the level 0 question!

Thank you for any help you can give me! (Or confirm its death :) )

Stu
PHilly
offonoffoffonoff

Post by offonoffoffonoff »

hey.

Is it a piece of tape with a few different parallel silver strips? If it is then its connecting two things electrically. It should be connected to circuit boards or dvd drives or somethng at both ends. The slots they go in are pretty distinct, just plug it back in to that the conducting side is touching the metal prongs inside the slots (if you can find em)

good luck
| open source is the future |
| creativity will eclipse ego |
| but we knew this already |
Herben

Post by Herben »

I think the ribbon you're talking about is the eject/power button cable. This should plug into the power button assembly.

Unless you tore the cable it should be fine once you reconnect.
TheForestAuro

Post by TheForestAuro »

I have the same exact problem, but I have no idea where to start looking for the spot to reconnect it back into the main machine. It's not ripped or anything, only JUST connected to the lid.

Where is the power button assembly?