windows doesn't recognize my ps2

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

offonoffoffonoff

windows doesn't recognize my ps2

Post by offonoffoffonoff »

well, now i have the exploit and an appropriate ps1 game. I have sucessfully loaded ps2link v1.45 on the ps2 side. I connected to the ethernet thingy on the ps2 to my pc with an ethernet cable via a router. opening xlink (beta 1), i find it says "offline".

I think windows in general isn't recognizing the connection. from what i've gathered, the ps2 requires a static ip address connection. I played around with my network setings and tried to create a static connection using the ip address ps2link gives. no luck. I also tried the same buisness without the router (direct connection) again, no luck.

i'm sure this problem has come up many times for noobs, but i haven't found anything in the archives or other sites.

any ideas folks?
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

In the PS2Link folder is a file called IPCONFIG.DAT which sets the hardcoded IP addy of the PS2. Use that address on the Windows side to reach the PS2, or change it to something you like better before writing the PS2Link disc.
offonoffoffonoff

Post by offonoffoffonoff »

Use that address on the Windows side to reach the PS2
thats what i think i am not able to get working. the ip address in ipconfig.dat is the same as what appears on the screen when ps2link runs i assume.

I've made some progess. I set one of the connections under network connections to the ip address of the ps2. I also allowed access to that ip through the firewall (i think) and when i used the ps2 ip in Xlink, Zone alarm bugged me for the first time about that program trying to connect to the internet (it had never warned me before).

I disabled zone alarm incase it were interfereing, but still no luck.

I'm gunna go through and check that i've set all the addresses and stuff correctly. and reboot stuff incase that matters.

update: oh, the "network connection" that i changed to that of the ps2 was a 1394 firewire connection and actually has nothing to do with a ps2. so... still tryin stuff.
cloudhunter

Post by cloudhunter »

You don't change the ip address of any network adapter on the system. What is the IP address of your PS2, and the IP address of your computers LAN connection?

To test if the connection is established, try pressing Start, then run, and typing in "cmd" which should show a dos prompt window. Then type "ping 192.168.0.10" (where 192.168.0.10 is your PC's IP address), and see if it gets a responce.

Cloudy
:)
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

If anything has the same IP address as the PS2, you won't be able to reach it. Everything on your network must have a unique address.