PSP menu?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Neila

PSP menu?

Post by Neila »

can't say if someone went through great lengths to fake those, or they are real? you decide:
<deleted>
Last edited by Neila on Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChaosKnight

Post by ChaosKnight »

My experiance is that 90% of the time when people produce screenshots but don't include any info on how they got it to work (i.e. don't take credit) then it's a fake. If you go through all the trouble to make a screenshot then why would you not take credit as the genius who figured it out?
w00t
_Psycho

Post by _Psycho »

To avoid Sony to sue them =P

The file date from the 20apr, not bad, but probably fake anyway. Or that a developper from a real game company that made a screen for fun :)

Like ChaosKnight said, they would at least post it somewhere with some more info.
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

The psp is able to display pictures from the memorystick so making fakes like these is not very hard at all.

Stop posting them like they're real news.
Neila

Post by Neila »

<deleted>
Last edited by Neila on Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neila

Post by Neila »

i deleted the links, there's some personal info there (his pic) and some images from a page of a image-studio, so he might have access to dev-kit, but he has perforemd (looks like) heavy modding on PS2 and other devices, so I don't want to get him in trouble...
(looks like those resources are his, but most is in french)
Cogboy

Post by Cogboy »

just curious, what were the screens actually of?
sq377

Post by sq377 »

two different psp menu screens, one had like a media player thing and theo ther just shows the version and crap. Smells strongly of a fake.
L0j1k

Post by L0j1k »

I completely agree with ChaosKnight in that some credit would have been taken if it were real. It is plausible, however, that the person who created it didn't take credit because he works for a studio and works with the SDK and whatever compiler developing games/apps and doesn't want sony to know about it.

It would have to be the above situation, because for a media-player of any sophistication beyond that provided with the PSP itself would require time and experience with the SDK. Assuming that a few select individuals on the outside actually HAVE the SDK, my doubts are high as to the plausibility of their ability to create full-blown applications in the little time it could have been leaked.
--
Eyeore, arm photon torpedoes and lock phasers on the Heffalump. Tigger, Piglet, meet me in Transporter Room Three.

This post posted using 100% recycled electrons.
--
Neila

Post by Neila »

looks like it's a faked PSX menu =)
too bad