PSPToolchain Installation Help.

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

TsukasaX

PSPToolchain Installation Help.

Post by TsukasaX »

The other day I decided I wanted to get into homebrew.
I installed Cygwin and all the correct components, then ran toolchain.sh.
After about 8 hours, I ended up with quite a few errors. I forgot which errors they were, and I don't want to run the toolchain another time just to find the errors :(.
I don't know much about Cygwin, but I know that errors aren't good.
I tried compiling some things I wrote from tutorials anyway, but no go.
Here's what I got:
So ok, I know where the build.mak is so I changed the directory on the makefile trying to fix the problem.
Here's the errors this time.
I know the warnings can be ignored sometimes, but that many errors isn't good.
Please help me out! I'm sure all I did was something stupid along the way, just don't know what.
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

It looks like you forgot a step as indicated on the wiki:
It will take a long time to download and build all the software from scratch, from half an hour to a couple hours depending on the speed of your internet connection and the processing power of your computer. When it is done, you will have to add the following lines to your startup configuration:

## PSPDEV PATH SETTINGS
export PSPDEV="/usr/local/pspdev"
export PSPSDK="$PSPDEV/psp/sdk"
export PATH="$PATH:$PSPDEV/bin:$PSPSDK/bin"

Under Cygwin, this will be your ‘c:\cygwin\home\<username>\.bashrc’ file. You can edit it with a standard text editor and add those lines to the end of it.
http://wiki.pspdev.org/psp:programming_faq

This information was also included in the README.TXT file that came with the toolchain script.
mrbrown
Site Admin

Post by mrbrown »

I updated the Wiki and psptoolchain's README.TXT to remove the PSPDEV (and PSPSDK) environment settings. PSPDEV should only be used if you need to switch between multiple PSPDEV installations. PSPSDK isn't used at all.
memon

Post by memon »

mrbrown, after that change the cd command in the final step propably does not work anymore since it is referring to the PSPSDK envvar:
4) As a final test, build the sdktest sample.
$ cd $PSPSDK/samples/sdktest
mrbrown
Site Admin

Post by mrbrown »

There's no longer any 'sdktest' sample so it wouldn't have worked anyway.

Wiki updated to remove step 4.
TsukasaX

Post by TsukasaX »

I added those lines to the .bashrc file, but I still get the errors even after running 'psp-gcc -v'.
make: psp-config: Command not found
Makefile:12: /lib/build.mak: No such file or directory

--

Guess i'll try a re-install.
TsukasaX

Post by TsukasaX »

x2cube wrote:
Making all in sdk
if psp-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I../../sdk/base -I../../sdk/kernel -I../../sdk/user -I../../sdk/net -I../../sdk/utility -g -O2 -G0 -Wall -MT query_mod.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/query_mod.Tpo" -c -o query_mod.o query_mod.c; \
then mv -f ".deps/query_mod.Tpo" ".deps/query_mod.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/query_mod.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if psp-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I../../sdk/base -I../../sdk/kernel -I../../sdk/user -I../../sdk/net -I../../sdk/utility -g -O2 -G0 -Wall -MT fixup.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/fixup.Tpo" -c -o fixup.o fixup.c; \
then mv -f ".deps/fixup.Tpo" ".deps/fixup.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/fixup.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if psp-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I../../sdk/base -I../../sdk/kernel -I../../sdk/user -I../../sdk/net -I../../sdk/utility -g -O2 -G0 -Wall -MT inethelper.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/inethelper.Tpo" -c -o inethelper.o inethelper.c; \
then mv -f ".deps/inethelper.Tpo" ".deps/inethelper.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/inethelper.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
inethelper.c:16:24: error: pspNetInet.h: No such file or directory
inethelper.c:17:28: error: pspNetResolver.h: No such file or directory
inethelper.c:18:25: error: pspNetApctl.h: No such file or directory
inethelper.c: In function 'initInet':
inethelper.c:97: warning: implicit declaration of function 'sceNetInetInit'
inethelper.c:101: warning: implicit declaration of function 'sceNetResolverInit'
inethelper.c:105: warning: implicit declaration of function 'sceNetApctlInit'
inethelper.c: In function 'termInet':
inethelper.c:119: warning: implicit declaration of function 'sceNetApctlTerm'
inethelper.c:120: warning: implicit declaration of function 'sceNetResolverTerm'
inethelper.c:121: warning: implicit declaration of function 'sceNetInetTerm'
make[3]: *** [inethelper.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2
ERROR BUILDING PSPSDK
:( help
That's the problem I had after the re-install.
blazintildadeath

Post by blazintildadeath »

t will take a long time to download and build all the software from scratch, from half an hour to a couple hours depending on the speed of your internet connection and the processing power of your computer. When it is done, you will have to add the following lines to your startup configuration:

## PSPDEV PATH SETTINGS
export PSPDEV="/usr/local/pspdev"
export PSPSDK="$PSPDEV/psp/sdk"
export PATH="$PATH:$PSPDEV/bin:$PSPSDK/bin"

Under Cygwin, this will be your ‘c:\cygwin\home\<username>\.bashrc’ file. You can edit it with a standard text editor and add those lines to the end of it.

where am i suppose to write this at?...in the install.sh file??? in the terminal????..im having a problem it keeps sayin psp-config not found and then i found this forum saying this but where do i put it...which file where would it be located at
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

You can edit it with a standard text editor and add those lines to the end of it.
At this rate I wonder if you'll even be able to write code.
blazintildadeath

nope but im studying it real hard....

im starting off by taking open source codes and modifying some stuff....come on ...we all have to start somewhere....well...i opened terminal and went into where my file was.....(where my C file and MAKEFILE was at and wrote those lines in them line by line....then i typed make...presto...i got an eboot.pbp...suckaaaa ...now i gotta get real familiar with the C C++ code Lua. Python...it seems easy though...just by looking at the sources....(such as an NES emulator) its pretty easy..... they declare int variables and apply a shit load of bullshit and all u have to do is anaylze and experiment....i got allllllllllllll day and night to be fyking with this...lol
blazintildadeath

i also wanted to know if there was an easy way to load that string of code instead of having to write it over and over again before i compile my code i know there is a way...