Simulate a game sharing spot

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Tsukasa

Simulate a game sharing spot

Post by Tsukasa »

Hi,

I don't know if some tried this before, or if its possible to do that:
I thought that you could simulate the PSP Game Sharing function (like the Playstation Spot).
You have to code a program for your pc, which is capable to send the same data like the PSP does (over your wifi card). It's simulating a second PSP, which shares a game, while your real PSP think, it's getting the data from a real PSP.

I hope you can understand, what I've written. ^^"
HaQue

Post by HaQue »

It could work in theory, you would have to get the code from the pc to behave exactly like the PSP.

Why don't you give it a go? Start with something simple and work your way up.
groepaz

Post by groepaz »

but seeing how gameshares are encrypted/signed, how would this be useful at all?
Tsukasa

Post by Tsukasa »

It's useful if someone lives in Japan and can dump the demos of the Playstation Spot. So you can share it at home to your psp as often as you wish :)
Tsukasa

Post by Tsukasa »

Seems like nobody is interested in such things.. :(

I don't have enough programming skills to develop this, but if someone is interested: http://users.belgacom.net/bn967347/download.htm
This guy had made something similar for the Nintendo DS.
danzel

Post by danzel »

http://oopo.net/consoledev/

Scroll down and there is a tiny bit of example code related to this:
[04-08-2005] psp-gameshare-1.0.0.c - A program to listen and respond to gameshare requests.
I think you'll find that you need to send signed eboots, this can probably be bypassed on a 1.0 psp, but on 1.5 the kxploit likely won't work (as you don't have the folders)
Maybe I'm wrong and you do basically copy files over, in which case this would be quite cool!

I'm too busy to play with this, but maybe one day I'll feel the need and take a dump of the wifi traffic during a gamesharing to see what happens.