Can Cyguin be installed offline?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

blueshogun96

Can Cyguin be installed offline?

Post by blueshogun96 »

Hi, I was wondering if Cyguin can be installed on a computer that does not have an internet connection? My pc is not connected to the internet so I have to go to another PC and use internet to download all of my stuff. Yeah it sucks, but I have to deal with this problem until I move into my new apartment, which will be a long while. Thanks in advance.
breaKdown

Post by breaKdown »

Yes you can install it offline...but first, you have to go to a computer which has internet connection....there you download the "Setup.exe" of CYGWIN and do the following steps:

Start "Setup.exe" -> "Next" -> "Download Without Installing" ... if you finished that, you burn the content to a cd or transfer it via network to your computer without internet. There you do the following steps:

Start "Setup.exe" -> "Next" -> "Install from Local Directory"...and there you go!

the only Problem, that could come up is, that when you launch the toolchain script. It download 3 or 4 Things...I don't know how you can handle this...maybe you can edit the script a lil bit, so that you download the content and tell the script, that it installs from a local directory as CYGWIN did...try your luck ;)
TeamOverload

Post by TeamOverload »

Ya I have the same problem, its fine until you get to the part where you need the script and there I dont kno what to do. You can edit it and tell it not to download stuff...but that isn't much help. Maybe someone can make an offline script one day