800200D9 error on loading a 14MB elf

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

benji

800200D9 error on loading a 14MB elf

Post by benji »

Hey,

I'm linking with a fairly large library (vmime; provides email protocol support), but the produced elf is only 14MB, and that includes debug symbols... the stripped elf is about 3.4MB.

Yet the application won't start; sceKernelLoadExec fails with 800200D9. I was using an older SDK up until yesterday, and the app started fine until I tried to link in extra libraries and features (gnutls). Then the problem started to show up. Today, I updated my SDK and the app won't even start without the gnutls lib linked in, so it seems the size was really close to the "maximum" I've now encountered.

What's the deal with this maximum I'm encountering? Is there a way to get more info about the error? For what it's worth, I noticed a post on the forums about someone getting some debug info when launching from FileAssistant, and the info I got was that the failing size is 0x464f48 in mpid = 0x2.

Note that the 800200D9 failure occurs both when launching from the memory stick (from within VSH) and PSPLink.

Any help is greatly appreciated, if someone wants to look at the elf, I'm more than willing to send it over. The complete source to PSPoste is available from cvs on our project webpage: http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=161243 .

Thanks,

ben