PSP Doesn't Turn on if exception occurs while Power is low

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

KickinAezz

PSP Doesn't Turn on if exception occurs while Power is low

Post by KickinAezz »

Hi,

I get frustrated when this happens while I am coding something and PSP crashes... I have to plug in the power cable just to "jumpstart" the PSP's Battery. (There's about 10% battery left!)

My IDSTORAGE is PERFECT!

Any idea why this is happening?
Last edited by KickinAezz on Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
Intrigued by PSP system Since December 2006.
Use it more for Development than for Gaming.
sauron_le_noir

Post by sauron_le_noir »

What is the version of your CF? 4.01M33-2 ?
Describe exactly what's happen.
You code some application and when your application crash you are obliged to
do some voodo stuff with your battery to start your psp ? is this correct.

Is your battery depandarized ? is your memory stick reformat to drop the ipl code etc ...
we haven't enought information please complete
KickinAezz

Post by KickinAezz »

TimeMachined PSP (Pandora Battery + TM IPL). CFW 4.01 M33. When an exception occurs ( that PSPLink cant handle, pspsh doesnt respond / stuck at "resetting psplink" I have to force PSP off. Its NOT a matter of PSPLink is used or not But about PSP's hardware behaviour), PSP turns off AND I have to use power adapter to turn on.
Onii

Post by Onii »

Isn't that normal when the battery is very low that it won't turn on even if there is a little juice left in the battery?

I'm pretty sure this has always happened for me. Whether or not I have an exception, when my psp gets turned off with very low battery it won't come back on unless you have it plugged in (if you unplug it again you'll get a few more minutes out of it but not a whole lot of time which makes sense).

I think it's so that you don't run it totally dry. The only reason that I can think of that Sony would not want you to run it dry is to make sure that the internal battery has a trickle going to it. Thus lowering the odds of running the internal battery dry.
KickinAezz

Post by KickinAezz »

No, normally, If I turn it off (w/ OUT crashes) as long as battery is above 0%, It turns on. I wonder makes a crashed power off different!
Onii

Post by Onii »

Hmm I wonder if the watchdog thread sets something different in nvram in exception cases. Time to run my battery down and experiment :)
willow :--)

Post by willow :--) »

I've noticed the same behaviour as KickinAezz on the app I created.
This is not related to PSPLink, the problem occurs also when running the game from the XMB.

Same symptoms : low battery + game crash => power cable might be needed to reboot the PSP. No problem if I turn the PSP off by myself.

CFW 3.71
Torch

Post by Torch »

I have the same problem but I can work around it like this. I also permanently use a TM IPL+Pandora.

When I'm developing I usually have the USB cable connected throughout. The moment it crashes I take out the battery and wait for it to turn off (it continues to run off the USB cable while its crashed). After it turns off when I put in the battery it powers on.
KickinAezz

Post by KickinAezz »

Torch wrote:I have the same problem but I can work around it like this. I also permanently use a TM IPL+Pandora.

When I'm developing I usually have the USB cable connected throughout. The moment it crashes I take out the battery and wait for it to turn off (it continues to run off the USB cable while its crashed). After it turns off when I put in the battery it powers on.
PSP Slim is a different story since it has USB power...

But for PHAT PSP... We only have the option of plugging in the power cable. (Which is VEEEEERY Frustrating)