Advice needed for Database app

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

akuma

Advice needed for Database app

Post by akuma »

Hello

I want to create a database-application running on my psp.
Could someone point me in the direction where to start?
My enviroment is set up and i fooled around with the API, but I haven't coded C in a while so i rather not use all the low level API calls to implement:

- a GUI
- reading, sorting, selecting from A)database B) at least csv-file

Are there any tools out that would save me some work with that?

Thanks
Akuma
Arwin

Post by Arwin »

I saw that the new version of the File Assistant contains a TinyXML implementation. That might be useful. I also like Microwindows for the GUI, but unfortunately there are still some things missing in there. It needs some graphics optimisation to improve speed (not really slow now but could be lots faster), and the text-edit boxes (EDIT and MEDIT) don't properly support the proportional width fonts, so you'd have to either set that to fixed width somewhere (is possible in Microwindows), or find out what's wrong. I tried, but I'm very much a noob and failed. I hope someone fixes it, though, because it would be nice to have such a windows and x-windows like environment up and running.

If you also want to be able to do data entry, you could also consider using p-sprint along with some on-screen keyboard, for faster entry. I don't care what people say about p-sprint and that it's hard to learn, nothing can beat it for typing speed. I already got it working in Microwindows, so that'd be easy to take along.
dankydoo

Post by dankydoo »

Look into something called sqllite....google it. It's a self contained dbms that can be compile into your executable.

dankydoo
Ryu

Post by Ryu »

dankydoo wrote:Look into something called sqllite....google it. It's a self contained dbms that can be compile into your executable.

dankydoo
wow that looks great, im gonna try it thanks :)