Trying to use PSPlink, but USBHostFS doesn't cooperate well

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

JustChris

Trying to use PSPlink, but USBHostFS doesn't cooperate well

Post by JustChris »

The setup and installation of PSPLink and USBhostFS for Windows XP went smoothly. I was now trying to make PSPLink shell use the file system provided by USBhost. So I followed the instructions to my best knowledge in the manual.
1. Compile up the gu/sprite sample from PSPSDK. Assuming you have correctly installed the
toolchain this is just a case of changing to the /usr/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/sample/gu/sprite
directory and type make.

2. Start up PSPLINK and ensure the USB host driver and USB shell is enabled (setting usbhost=1
and usbshell=1).
Did these with no problem. Just replace the GU Sprite demo with the path to the folder that contains my own WIP program, already compiled.

Here's where it starts to go wrong:
3. Start up the PC side of the hostfs driver with the by running the command ./usbhostfs_pc
/usr/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/samples/gu/sprite. You should see a line saying it connected to the
device.
On Cygwin, went to the folder containing the program, ran the command and I get the short USBhostFS startup message. That is it. I type "drives" to check if my folder's listed. I figured I now had to leave the program so that I can go to the directory with pcterm in it, used in step 4. But I type "exit" and it says "Exiting" but it stays that way forever. Re-opening Cygwin didn't fix that. I couldn't even get Task Manager to shut down the program. As it was really slowing down the computer and using up most of my CPU, the best option I had was to reboot my computer.

I tried doing these steps again but the same problem happens. USBhostFS gets stuck on the exit after I give the command line with the file path.
Last edited by JustChris on Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
JustChris

Post by JustChris »

Here's exactly what I did:

In the ini file, usbhost, usbshell and conshell are set to 1.
Started PSPlink. It says "host0:/> PSPLINK initialized".

Ran USBhostFS on Cygwin
Typed mount 0 (path/to/file)
Typed drives, and I see the path set to host0.
Typed exit. It says "Exiting", and I leave this window open for a few minutes. It won't exit. I can't type on the console shell anymore.

At this point, this is where my computer starts stalling, and pauses ever 10 seconds or so. Unable to force the process to stop, I have to restart my computer.