[Solved] PSPLINK execute Elf error on Linux

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

orphean

[Solved] PSPLINK execute Elf error on Linux

Post by orphean »

Hi all,

I am running Ubuntu 7.10 and have checked out and built both psptoolchain and psplibraries from the subversion repo.

Everything is working fine with one exception, whenever I try to execute (not debug, just execute) an elf file on my pc or an EBOOT on my psp itself I get the following error:

Code: Select all

Failed to Load/Start module 'FOO' Error: 0x80020148
where FOO is the path to the eboot or elf file I'm trying to execute.

I was following the 'Example of Use' in the psplink manual when I came across this problem. Interestingly, after configuring the pspsdk gu/sprite sample to compile as a PRX psplink executes the prx without an issue, but still bombs on the elf.

My psp is a phat and is running 3.90 M33-3 if that is pertinent information.

Any help in this matter would be great and if any further information is needed I'll be happy to provide it.

Thank you!
Last edited by orphean on Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wally

Re: PSPLINK execute Elf error on Linux

Post by Wally »

orphean wrote:Hi all,

I am running Ubuntu 7.10 and have checked out and built both psptoolchain and psplibraries from the subversion repo.

Everything is working fine with one exception, whenever I try to execute (not debug, just execute) an elf file on my pc or an EBOOT on my psp itself I get the following error:

Code: Select all

Failed to Load/Start module 'FOO' Error: 0x80020148
where FOO is the path to the eboot or elf file I'm trying to execute.

I was following the 'Example of Use' in the psplink manual when I came across this problem. Interestingly, after configuring the pspsdk gu/sprite sample to compile as a PRX psplink executes the prx without an issue, but still bombs on the elf.

My psp is a phat and is running 3.90 M33-3 if that is pertinent information.

Any help in this matter would be great and if any further information is needed I'll be happy to provide it.

Thank you!
You are running the game in the wrong kernel put it in GAME150, if you havent installed 1.50 kernel, i suggest you install that..

Although there are a lot of new things that the slim can do but the fat cant. Why not just compile for slim and use psplinkusb.

Wally
orphean

Post by orphean »

This is a problem I am having while running psplink Wally. I'm using the psplinkusb provided by psptoolchain.

It's not a matter of me copying the file to the incorrect place. This error happens when I try to execute an elf inside pspsh (./sprite.elf for example)

I'm going through the 'Example of Use' in the psplink manual and cannot do it because of this error when I try to execute the elf file :)
TyRaNiD

Post by TyRaNiD »

If you are using the OE version of psplinkusb then you can only run prx files which tbh is the best option for 3.9X anyway even though the custom firmwares have some amount of support for plain elf.

Add BUILD_PRX=1 to your makefile.
orphean

Post by orphean »

Good to know Tyranid. I'll just build prx's for psplink :)

Thanks for the response.