Problems with WLAN "simple" sample from the sdk

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

illostos

Problems with WLAN "simple" sample from the sdk

Post by illostos »

Hi, i have a PSP Slim. I Study Technical Informatics in Germany and we have a Project were we try to Connect the PSP Slim & Lite to a Mobile Robot. In this case the CTBOT(Heise Verlag).
We tried the WLAN sample "simple" that is located in the sdk under /net ..... We created the EBOOT file and we tried to execute it, but it aborted with a Error: 80020148.
The other samples, like Basic Controller Sample or WLAN MAC Adress that worked, but not this sample.

My PSP runs on CFW3.71 M33-4 .... is it even possible to make the sample run on my PSP or does this only work on 1.50 .... many homebrew Applications that run on 3.71 does supports working WLAN, like PIMPSTREAMER or such ....

Has Someone an answer or can provide a working WLAN sample connection for CFW3.71?

Thanks
jean

Post by jean »

3.71 is one of the less lucky custom firmware as it was a transitional one. Update to min 3.80 and retry.
Good luck!
pspZorba

Post by pspZorba »

It seems (i am not sure) that you are using an old sample that may be run in kernel mode and was designed for firmware version <3.xx ?

To do tests I have made a sample to start the "network" with explanation here ( I have a small bug if you use firefox 3 so be sure to scroll down to see the article)

There is not the socket part in this sample, if you need it I have also a sample but not yet commented, but that's not the toughest part.
--pspZorba--
NO to K1.5 !
illostos

Post by illostos »

thanks Zorba, I will try that this evening.
jean, update to 3.90 was unsucessfull :(
Pirata Nervo

Post by Pirata Nervo »

it mens unsupported prx type, use BUILD_PRX = 1 in your makefile or just upgrade(I recommend you to upgrade)
Upgrade your PSP
Question_dev

Post by Question_dev »

You have to update ya SDK. Type in cygwin : svn svn://svn.ps2dev.org/psp/trunk/pspsdk

It will download. After that's ready open the downloaded dir (./pspsdk). You'll find a readme in it. Read it to install sdk.

Cheers
illostos

Post by illostos »

Thanks for your help, we try as hard as we can.
The Problem is to rewrite the Makefile from Zorba because we are not using Cygwin, we use Visual Studio 2008 to compile. And the Reason that i have no Idea how to work with Cygwin :)

And at this time i think, when i read the Error Messages, the compiler don't find the other include files, only the main.cpp, but maybe it works later.

We are downloading Ubuntu right at this time, and we will install the Unix SDK, so we can use the Makefile from Zorba
pspZorba

Post by pspZorba »

if it is just a problem of include location that should not be a big deal.

What includes your the compiler can't find ?

is it <string> or <list> or <psp*.h> or "zb*.h?
--pspZorba--
NO to K1.5 !
illostos

Post by illostos »

So i installed Ubuntu on my System, i downloaded Subversion to get the sdk and the toolchain ... i downloaded all software that is listet in the README's and i installed gcc and the build-essentials ...

Now the Problem, i typed in ./configure von the folder /pspsdk ... that worked ...
But "make" doesn't ... It seems that the header files are not found .... first stdlib.h wasn't found ... but when i put the file in the
/home/administrator/pspsdk/src/audio
folder then the makefile founds it .... But i can'd copy the 3GB folder in the audio folder ... so how do i can use the files that are located in my
/usr/include
that i where Ubuntu put all the files .... when i look in the makefile from the pspsdk there is a codeline: oldincludedir = /usr/include

I don't know why this won't work ... what must i change or what line in the Makefile do i have to change to get this working?

Can Someone help?
Insert_witty_name

Post by Insert_witty_name »

Run the toolchain.sh file which automates the install process.
illostos

Post by illostos »

Hi again :)
So i run the toolscript, but it didn't worked ... it said

/scripts/004-newlib-1.15.0.sh Failed
make[2] Error

i tried with Ubuntu, Cygwin and OpenSuse10.3 but everytime the same Error, there also stand something with i didn't installed Makeinfo (Texinfo) but i did ... after the Error i downloaded it from the GNU site and installed it manually, but it didn't worked either

I had an Idea, can i compile the Zorba Project under Windows with Visual Studio? The Makefile is something like this:

PSPSDK = $(shell psp-config --pspsdk-path)
PSPLIBSDIR = $(PSPSDK)/..
TARGET = controller_basic
OBJS = main.o
LIBS = -lpspwlan

INCDIR =
CFLAGS = -O2 -G0 -Wall
CXXFLAGS = $(CFLAGS) -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti
ASFLAGS = $(CFLAGS)

LIBDIR =
LDFLAGS =

EXTRA_TARGETS = EBOOT.PBP
PSP_EBOOT_TITLE = Basic controller sample

include $(PSPSDK)/lib/build.mak

Can the Makefile be altered to fit in the Zorba Folder? Like altering the
OBJS = main.o
To deal with all files like ZBnetConnectionState.o, ZBnetProfile.o
OBJS=main.o, ZBnetConnectionState.o, ZBnetProfile.o, ZBwifi.o

While it is not working with Linux Systems, the last option is to manipulate the Makefile so it can be run under the windows pspsdk, this is working but the sample didn't work, can someone tell me how to alter the Zorba Makefile to run this under Windows?
Thanks
So long illo
Jim

Post by Jim »

You need to post the errors that were displayed. make[2] error doesn't help.

Jim
illostos

Post by illostos »

well i unistalled ubuntu and cygwin, so i can't give you the error msg now because i'm back to good old windows now :)