4.01M33 issue with Undiluted Platinum

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

monsti

4.01M33 issue with Undiluted Platinum

Post by monsti »

Hello,

i have a black PSP when using 4.01M33 (1 or 2) with my UP based Fat PSP.

After installation the PSP doesn't boot. I restored a 3.52M33-4 backup with the Undiluted Platinum Flasher tool with UP's USB port.

Any idea?
Bye,
Monsti
Pirata Nervo

Post by Pirata Nervo »

So...you need some glasses (some good ones) because you probably did not read the url of the site.
dev = development
we are not here to waste our time answering those type of questions.
Upgrade your PSP
monsti

Post by monsti »

Pirata Nervo wrote: we are not here to waste our time answering those type of questions.
Thank you not for answering my question :) But i got an answer.

It's a generic UP issue. It even happens when not using the M33 version.
Bye,
Monsti
Pirata Nervo

Post by Pirata Nervo »

I think you misunderstood.
I am not here to answer you.
This is a development board not a "help board (not development help)"
Upgrade your PSP
monsti

Post by monsti »

Pirata Nervo wrote:I think you misunderstood.
I am not here to answer you.
Yes the answer came from DAX. And i am doing PSP development :)
Bye,
Monsti
Pirata Nervo

Post by Pirata Nervo »

Of course it must come from DAX, he made the firmware.
You may be doing psp development but doing questions like the one you made does not help this site. Only makes harder for developers to search something here as there are lots of threads like this one
Upgrade your PSP
psPea

Post by psPea »

Pirata Nervo wrote:we are not here to waste our time answering those type of questions.
We are here to waste our time flaming people.
Pirata Nervo

Post by Pirata Nervo »

No but if it was not me telling him this is a development, he would probably bump his thread after a few hours
Upgrade your PSP
hlide

Post by hlide »

PN, I'm not sure monsti deserves such a flaming answer : monsti is a known dev, not a Ne0h ersatz. And his question sounds legitimate to me.
Pirata Nervo

Post by Pirata Nervo »

Well, I'm sorry monsti if I flamed you "that much" :p
But lately we have been getting a lot of noob questions like "please help!!" questions.
Im sorry
Upgrade your PSP
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

hlide wrote:PN, I'm not sure monsti deserves such a flaming answer : monsti is a known dev, not a Ne0h ersatz. And his question sounds legitimate to me.
Well, he didn't need to be flamed, but the question was something particular to installing custom firmware on a specific PSP, not development. It should have been addressed to D_A directly, or on a site that handles such questions like lan.st. If the question had been about plugins running on 4.01 M33, that would have been different. This site doesn't deal with ANY questions on installing or using custom firmware. Never has - all questions on installing/using mods on the PS2 were directed elsewhere, for example. The closest the site came to that was a brief period of discourse on the ID Exploit. But that was mainly because this was about the only place you could contact Mr. Brown. If D_A (or moonlight as he's called here) set up an official thread on his custom firmware here, we'd respect questions asked in that thread related to it, much like we respect questions about dosbox in the dosbox thread.
Wally

Post by Wally »

J.F. wrote:
hlide wrote:PN, I'm not sure monsti deserves such a flaming answer : monsti is a known dev, not a Ne0h ersatz. And his question sounds legitimate to me.
Well, he didn't need to be flamed, but the question was something particular to installing custom firmware on a specific PSP, not development. It should have been addressed to D_A directly, or on a site that handles such questions like lan.st. If the question had been about plugins running on 4.01 M33, that would have been different. This site doesn't deal with ANY questions on installing or using custom firmware. Never has - all questions on installing/using mods on the PS2 were directed elsewhere, for example. The closest the site came to that was a brief period of discourse on the ID Exploit. But that was mainly because this was about the only place you could contact Mr. Brown. If D_A (or moonlight as he's called here) set up an official thread on his custom firmware here, we'd respect questions asked in that thread related to it, much like we respect questions about dosbox in the dosbox thread.
lan.st is still around? Well i'd be damned! I gotta join up to this!

Get this though J.F, if a dev goes to a site like QJ / DCEmu they'll get flamed for deving and most probably will get flamed for helping -_-

Wally
jas0nuk

Post by jas0nuk »

lan.st no longer allows those kind of questions. Anyone who needs help installing custom firmware/unbricking/whatever is directed to exophase.