Game/application addons possible?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

coolkehon

Game/application addons possible?

Post by coolkehon »

i want to make an application that can have addons or plugins is this possible on the psp and if so how would i implement such a thing so that more functionality can be added later on and enabled and disabled at will without having slots for them
bkc

Post by bkc »

I think this has been answered before but here's my suggestion anyways...

make prx of the plugins you want and then load them at boot :-)
I only speak these languages:
  • C / C + +
  • (x)HTML
  • PHP
  • CSS
  • SQL
  • JavaScript
coolkehon

Post by coolkehon »

no comprende how would i do that
bkc

Post by bkc »

As I said in my previous post "It's been answered before..." use search :-) I'm doing it right now to find out how to use prx...
I only speak these languages:
  • C / C + +
  • (x)HTML
  • PHP
  • CSS
  • SQL
  • JavaScript
J.F.

Re: Game/application addons possible?

Post by J.F. »

coolkehon wrote:i want to make an application that can have addons or plugins is this possible on the psp and if so how would i implement such a thing so that more functionality can be added later on and enabled and disabled at will without having slots for them
I know some folks have trouble searching, and I badger them about it all the time, but this time I'll give a little help...

http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?p=75801#75801

EDIT: Looking back at the thread, this basically the same discussion we had in the that thread. :)

EDIT 2: In your quest to make them "generic", you could probably make all the plugins the same, and have module_start return a pointer to the function table rather than 0. Then you need only load and start the module, using the return value as the jump table. A user prx called from user mode uses normal jumps anyway, so there shouldn't be a problem.