SNES emu for psp

General, off-topic discussion about things of interest to the members of these forums.

Moderator: cheriff

skippy911

SNES emu for psp

Post by skippy911 »

sq377

Post by sq377 »

and? pics can be faked.
Thanhda

Post by Thanhda »

let us know a downloadable file and then we will truly know. but i'm sure if someone has already gotten the gb emu working, snes emu isnt far from getting done.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...
lantus

Post by lantus »

lol thats what all the haters said to me when i was working on xSnes9x. great stuff! cant wait to see a release of this bad boy
xSnes9x - Snes9x Emulation for Xbox Consoles
gutter

Post by gutter »

Yeah but what about this screenshot?

http://psp.holybell.to/uploader/upload/DSC01773.jpeg

or this
http://psp.holybell.to/uploader/upload/DVC00012.jpg

Can anyone confirm this one as well?
MDave

Post by MDave »

This looks to be very real, the url is the same as the when the gb emu pics shown up, on the authors site I presume :). I wonder how he's handling the mode 7 and SFX chips graphics. Probably going to be absent from the first release, like the sound.

On an unrelated note:

If homebrew apps can some how take use of the psp's gameshare function, and send an app to a 1.5 psp, could that app then flash or alter the 1.5 firmware to allow memory stick apps? But when even official devs don't know much about the gameshare function, I doubt that is a possibility for now.

Any 1.0 psp homebrew coders looked into this? Even sending a homebrew app through the psp's gameshare function would be enough :)

I really, really wish I didn't update my jap psp to 1.5 ... it's driving me nuts now :P I really wanted to start doing homebrew stuff myself for it ...
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

The gamesharing is encrypted, read more in this thread:

http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=1264

It is certainly is possible, however, and could possibly be done with a simple server running on a pc answering gameshare requests.
MDave

Post by MDave »

I figured since 1.0 psp can load unencrypted elf files in pbp's, that it would also allow sending some data the elf code creates, through the gameshare function (which the psp would then encrypt the data right before it sends it). I guess thats not the case then? I'll stop the off-topic talk in an off-topic thread :P
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

To be honest, I don't know what happens behind the scenes for gamesharing. It may just be an API call to some firmware module, handing it the elf to send... or it may be much more complicated.