How do I configure Dev-C++ to programming for playstation2?

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

C#er

How do I configure Dev-C++ to programming for playstation2?

Post by C#er »

Hi fellows

This is my first post in this forum. I've installed the ps2dev in my PC but I did'n get to start to programming. I have the Dev-C++ compiler. Someone knows to configure this guy???
JorDy

Post by JorDy »

i dont know how to set up the Dev C compiler but just create a C or C++ script with any text editor and a makefile and run your terminal inside the project dir and type Make to create your elf file
DeRieux

RE: Setup DEV-CPP for use with PS2SDK

Post by DeRieux »

Hey, C#er:

I have gotten DEV-CPP to work with PS2SDK,
I will try to put a tutorial together.

Right now, I have it setup like JorDy has suggested by using makefiles,
DEV-CPP supports MakeFile on a per-project basis (but not by default)
I will try to get a tutorial rolled-up (after a figure out how to post files...maybe I should pm oobles)

Oobles if you reading/ see this, how would I do that...if you don't read or see it I'll pm you (as the main page suggests here http://ps2dev.org/register.x

William
William DeRieux -
Have just started out using ps2sdk

Have made my Laptop, Linux Only
and am in the process of putting the pieces back together (oops!)

Email me at [email protected]
Ramon

Post by Ramon »

I've tried doing it by myself and I get this error message:

Code: Select all

Compiler: PS2
Executing  C:\PS2Dev\ee\ee\bin\gcc.exe...
C:\PS2Dev\ee\ee\bin\gcc.exe "C:\Cygwin\tutorials\ps2tut_01\demo1.c" -o "C:\Cygwin\tutorials\ps2tut_01\demo1.exe"    -I"C:\PS2Dev\ps2sdk\common\include"  -I"C:\PS2Dev\ps2sdk\ee\include"  -I"C:\PS2Dev\ps2sdk\iop\include"   -L"C:\PS2Dev\ps2sdk\ee\lib" -L"C:\PS2Dev\ps2sdk\iop\lib" -L"C:\PS2Dev\ee\lib\gcc-lib\ee\3.2.2" 
gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `cc1': No such file or directory
Execution terminated
How do I fix this?
DeRieux

Post by DeRieux »

Ramon wrote:I've tried doing it by myself and I get this error message:

Code: Select all

Compiler: PS2
Executing  C:\PS2Dev\ee\ee\bin\gcc.exe...
C:\PS2Dev\ee\ee\bin\gcc.exe "C:\Cygwin\tutorials\ps2tut_01\demo1.c" -o "C:\Cygwin\tutorials\ps2tut_01\demo1.exe"    -I"C:\PS2Dev\ps2sdk\common\include"  -I"C:\PS2Dev\ps2sdk\ee\include"  -I"C:\PS2Dev\ps2sdk\iop\include"   -L"C:\PS2Dev\ps2sdk\ee\lib" -L"C:\PS2Dev\ps2sdk\iop\lib" -L"C:\PS2Dev\ee\lib\gcc-lib\ee\3.2.2" 
gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `cc1': No such file or directory
Execution terminated
How do I fix this?
First of all you should be using ee-gcc or iop-gcc (you will have to setup a custom compiler set or Use custom makefiles)
Second...you shouldn't be mixing (at least I don't think you should) iop and ee libraries...you also do not need to include \ee\lib\gcc-lib\ee\3.2.2 (I may be wrong about that)

On a side note the error you got regarding cc1 is because cc1 is (I belive) the linker for C++, while (i think) C uses ld (which in this case would be ee-ld or iop-ld) [depending on whether you are compiling for the EE or the IOP. plus you need to pass the linker paratmers during the linking stage (i.e. -ldebug -lkernel, etc, etc) [just including the library paths is not enough (as that doesn't link the files)]

*MoreOver, you binary is in EXE form not elf...just reconfirms my above statments (you are compiling for normal C/C++, not for PS2 EE or IOP)

William

(P.S. Like I stated in my last post I will be getting in contact with oobles about web site registration so that I could upload files, etc, etc -- and I will
try to upload the tutorial I have)
William DeRieux -
Have just started out using ps2sdk

Have made my Laptop, Linux Only
and am in the process of putting the pieces back together (oops!)

Email me at [email protected]